Author Topic: my local car park, are the signs legal?  (Read 6864 times)

Offline scalyback

• Follower
my local car park, are the signs legal?
« on: 29 September, 2014, 09:47:59 PM »
This is a small car park out the front of a parade of shops.
Was just wondering if they passed the code of practice?

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: my local car park, are the signs legal?
« Reply #1 on: 30 September, 2014, 12:06:39 AM »
They certainly don't comply with the BPA Ltds Code of Practice, and I would very much doubt that they have a contract with the Landowner which gives them a proprietry interest in the land or that they could provide a Genuine Pre Estimate of Loss (loss to Flashpark, that is) to the tune of £85.

It's a "self ticketing" system - one of the shops will take a photo of the "offending" vehicle, upload it to flashpark along with details of the alleged "contravention" and Flashpark send the "Parking Charge Notice" to the RK and any follow up threatening letters required. The really sneaky thing with this scheme is that because it's shop staff - not an obvious wea$el - taking the piccies, you don't know you've been done 'til Flashpark's letter drops onto your doormat. If they manage to issue 9 of these Invoices which result in payment in a month, the shop is rewarded with £15!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #2 on: 30 September, 2014, 12:17:04 AM »
Use of the word 'penalties' is a big no no. Also, the Bullshit Purveyors Association roundel should appear on the sign but to be fair the owner probably doesn't want people to think he is associated with that bunch of snake oil selling arsewipes.

http://www.flashpark.co.uk

The £15 'reward' helpfully negates any GPEOL assertions.
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline scalyback

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 30 September, 2014, 08:13:33 AM »
I never thought to check their web site.

The video says they pay £10 for any ticket issued?

Offline scalyback

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 30 September, 2014, 08:29:31 AM »
OK, "collected parking ticket"

Great. I want to sign up Tunbridge wells central car park (council owned, but not to worry), Take a load of pictures of cars that are maneuvering, but get clever shots where you can't see that there is a driver in the car, send off 100 photos, and hope to get £1000 with (£15 bonus) from what I assume is a spotty teenager sitting in his bedroom with a laptop and a printer somewhere, running the company. ;D

Offline scalyback

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 30 September, 2014, 07:46:51 PM »
More Sevenoaks bad parking...

Does the plate stand for 2 Car Bays Filled?

Offline Bazster

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 01 October, 2014, 09:03:54 AM »
OK, "collected parking ticket"

Great. I want to sign up Tunbridge wells central car park (council owned, but not to worry), Take a load of pictures of cars that are maneuvering, but get clever shots where you can't see that there is a driver in the car, send off 100 photos, and hope to get £1000 with (£15 bonus) from what I assume is a spotty teenager sitting in his bedroom with a laptop and a printer somewhere, running the company. ;D

Flashpark is in fact run by notorious former clampit Costas Constantinou, twice winner of the RAC Foundation's annual Dick Turpin award for modern highway robbery.

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 01 October, 2014, 10:15:23 AM »
Welcome Bazter <Woohooo>

Offline Bazster

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 01 October, 2014, 10:30:09 AM »
Thanks!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #9 on: 01 October, 2014, 12:29:48 PM »
Taken from the Flashpark site:

http://www.flashpark.co.uk/Appeals.aspx

We always act on the instruction of our clients and in most cases we can cancel a parking charge notice only if they ask us to.

Can someone please explain this weasel speak to me. <_>

The vehicle has a valid Blue Badge and was on display at the time of the offence (we may need you to send us photographic evidence of this).

How do you know to take a photo if you don't know you have been issued a ticket?

We will consider other cases on their merits,but we are only able to cancel a parking charge notice if our client asks us to.

So they won't consider any merits unless they are asked to cancel the ticket by their clients, but according to their earlier statement "We always act on the instruction of our clients..." which means they would cancel the ticket regardless of any merits. W:T:F: ??? W:T:F: ??? W:T:F: ???

You cannot appeal for any of the following reasons:

I've only just bought the car and haven?t had time to get a permit.
    I was only parked for five minutes.
    I could not find anywhere else to park.
    I couldn?t see the point of having a yellow line there.
    My permit application is in the post.
    I thought I was correctly parked, but I made a mistake.

What about if the terms of parking provide for a ten minute grace period? And in any event they have already confirmed they will not cancel the ticket for any other reason than their client (who is incentivised to issue tickets by an offer of a reward for catching as many as possible) telling them to cancel it.

One of these is a yellow bellied weasel. Anyone care to guess?

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 01 October, 2014, 04:06:42 PM »
Step 5 on that scumbags webshite says the 'owner' will receive the ticket; hmmm... DVLA only keep the keepers details don't they?
Willing to do my bit...

Offline Bazster

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 02 October, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »
One of these is a yellow bellied weasel. Anyone care to guess?[/color]

That's easy, the yellow-bellied weasel is cute.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #12 on: 07 October, 2014, 07:11:28 PM »
Apparently, VCS (Flashparks parent company) left - or was expelled from? - the BPA in September and as from 1st October is a member of the IPC.

Offline Bazster

• Follower
« Reply #13 on: 08 October, 2014, 07:18:47 AM »
Apparently, VCS (Flashparks parent company) left - or was expelled from? - the BPA in September and as from 1st October is a member of the IPC.

Nope, wrong VCS.  Flashpark is Vehicle Control Solutions Ltd.  The VCS that has joined the IPC is Vehicle Control Services Ltd.,  which is part of the Simon Renshaw-Smith empire along with Excel and Conkai.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player