Author Topic: My Mate Received a Speculative Invoice.....  (Read 16488 times)

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
My Mate Received a Speculative Invoice.....
« on: 30 January, 2014, 07:39:08 PM »
.......So has anyone appealed with Euro Car Parks?

My mate goes into the car park in Shoreditch High Street, London, he drives around a few times but there aren't any spaces available, so he stops to wait for a space to become available.  No spaces became available after a while so he left and went to find another car park, he didn't get out of his car once.

Now, I'm thinking about the Genuine Pre-Estimate of Loss, if the car park is full, there can be no loss, can there?

So, whats the advice?

Cheers
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

EDW2000

Re: My Mate Received a Speculative Invoice.....
« Reply #1 on: 30 January, 2014, 07:49:42 PM »
Ask for a popla code. Then go with GPEOL.

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #2 on: 31 January, 2014, 12:47:51 AM »
Mrs Coco received a begging letter similar to  the  one above from Euro Park. after five or six letters couched in ever stronger language and with ever more outrageous threats the letters just stopped arriving. Mrs Coco was most upset by the thought that Euro Park no longer cared and went into a deep sulk  that last for almost ten seconds!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 01 February, 2014, 10:57:26 AM »
I don't think it is the same case as Spartacus's - his was G24 wea$els, and this is Eurocarparks wea$els.

Are they allowed to charge a "handling fee" of £2.50 for Cheques and/or £1.50 for online payments?

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 01 February, 2014, 11:07:24 AM »
I don't think it is the same case as Spartacus's - his was G24 wea$els, and this is Eurocarparks wea$els

I think the Spartacus defence would work equally well regardless of the brand of weasel. All Spartacus has to do is own up to being the driver, and as soon as he's in the frame the weasels have to deal with him, and leave the keeper alone.

Are they allowed to charge a "handling fee" of £2.50 for Cheques and/or £1.50 for online payments?

If they don't have a loss they can't charge you A PENNY.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 01 February, 2014, 02:44:32 PM »
So, is the consensus of opinion to write an appeals letter and go through the process, or, is it to simply ignore the attachment in the opening post and let them waste money on postage?

If it was me I would ignore it and see what happens, but I find myself wanting advice when I'M suggesting a course of action to a mate.

Cheers Guys

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 01 February, 2014, 04:55:39 PM »
My advice for what it's worth is to put in a hard appeal to Popla. Even if it loses (and it won't if you properly challenge the contract and the GPEOL), Popla decisions can be ignored in the full knowledge that the company still have to sue you in the small claims court if they want their dosh.

Parking Prankster and Parking Cowboys have some good advice on their sites as to how to do this.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 01 February, 2014, 05:09:47 PM »
I don't think it is the same case as Spartacus's - his was G24 wea$els, and this is Eurocarparks wea$els

I think the Spartacus defence would work equally well regardless of the brand of weasel. All Spartacus has to do is own up to being the driver, and as soon as he's in the frame the weasels have to deal with him, and leave the keeper alone.

Yes, I expect it would. Of course first he has to go through the process of an appeal to the wea$els in order to get a PoPLA code, assuming that they just reject out of hand as per usual.

EDW2000

« Reply #9 on: 01 February, 2014, 07:37:13 PM »
So, is the consensus of opinion to write an appeals letter and go through the process, or, is it to simply ignore the attachment in the opening post and let them waste money on postage?

If it was me I would ignore it and see what happens, but I find myself wanting advice when I'M suggesting a course of action to a mate.

Cheers Guys

If you friend wants to fight this in Small Claims Court in London then I will rep him free of charge and if he loses I will cover his costs up to £165.

They usually claim

PCN 100
Issue fee 15
Solictoris fee 50

Total £165

Offline «THÖMÅS®©™»

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 02 February, 2014, 10:38:36 AM »
People...

I would like to add a few words if I may...

Do NOT respond to any letters that demand money from any private parking company.  They have no legal right to demand money from you than I do.

They are unenforceable and they know it, and thier threats and intimidation are frivolous and vexatious.  Do not be worried by these weasels, they have no power in any law but they like to imply they do to make you think its a fine, the reason they use identical lettering to a Council PENALTY charge notice.

If you get a fine from the police or the council, you are obliged to respond, get one from a PPC, you do not.

I would just completely ignore this and throw all of the letters in the bin, after all, they are worthless!

Do let me know if you would like me to give you more info...  I am happy to help.

By the way, they may threaten you with court action, just ignore it.  If you do get any forms from any court, check to see if the claim has been issued, there are reports that some including the ECP weasels have been issuing bogus court claims.
It's not "enforcement", it's "extortionate"!

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #11 on: 02 February, 2014, 01:52:45 PM »
@EDW2000  Thank you that is a most generous offer, I think I will take the advice of «THÖMÅS®©™» and wait and see what happens.

As Coco said in an earlier post, his wife ignored all the letters and after a while they just stopped sending them.

Thank you very much one and all

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #12 on: 02 February, 2014, 02:06:22 PM »
You could write to them and ask them to use softer paper for all future correspondence!  As I have found it to be very rough!
 I wonder if I can sue them for a paper cut on the rusty sherrifs  badge?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #13 on: 02 February, 2014, 02:22:17 PM »
You could write to them and ask them to use softer paper for all future correspondence!  As I have found it to be very rough!
 I wonder if I can sue them for a paper cut on the rusty sherrifs  badge?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #14 on: 02 February, 2014, 02:33:57 PM »
Oh my poor ribs!

:pmsl:      :pmsl:      :pmsl:      :pmsl:      :pmsl:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player