Author Topic: My Mate Received a Speculative Invoice.....  (Read 16489 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: My Mate Received a Speculative Invoice.....
« Reply #30 on: 29 March, 2014, 07:25:24 PM »
The Parking Prankster method is the tried and tested way to go these days.
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline «THÖMÅS®©™»

• Follower
« Reply #31 on: 29 March, 2014, 10:07:42 PM »
I suggest that your friend returns the demanding threat-o-gram to them and write "NO CONTRACT" on it and they will return the "debt" to Euro Car Parks.

I wouldn't go down the route of this 'Freeman on the Land' "No Contract" nonsense if it was me - their approach has been comprehensivley discredited.
Only an idea.
It's not "enforcement", it's "extortionate"!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #32 on: 30 March, 2014, 09:56:28 AM »
The Parking Prankster method is the tried and tested way to go these days.

I follow the Prankster's blogs and his way of dealing with things certainly seems to be working.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #33 on: 30 March, 2014, 04:55:39 PM »
I believe everyone should read the Prankster's blog. Most members on here will never fall foul of parking weasel's tricks but sooner or later a friend or relative is bound to. I have written a POPLA appeal for Mrs. Hoosami's cousin who was the recipient of a Parking(sh)Eye(sters) sPeCulative iNvoice. Not only was the appeal based entirely on the Prankster's excellent principles but it is worth every penny of the £27+VAT the weasels are about to pay for it.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #34 on: 31 March, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »
My phoneline has been down for a few days, so no internet access until about an hour ago, it's already been sent back with "No Contract" written on it, I'll see what response is received and then the Parking Prangster route.

Cheers everyone.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline «THÖMÅS®©™»

• Follower
« Reply #35 on: 02 April, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »
Great.  They will be unlikely to respond to contact you now.
It's not "enforcement", it's "extortionate"!

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #36 on: 20 July, 2014, 09:08:55 PM »
So what is the consensus of opinion on the attached?

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #37 on: 20 July, 2014, 09:58:56 PM »
So what is the consensus of opinion on the attached?

For me, it just adds further proof that the "freeman on the land" "no contract" approach is a load of bowlocks.

I'd switch to the Parking Pranksters tried and tested methods ASAP.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #38 on: 21 July, 2014, 12:33:27 AM »
If you friend wants to fight this in Small Claims Court in London then I will rep him free of charge and if he loses I will cover his costs up to £165.

They usually claim

PCN 100
Issue fee 15
Solictoris fee 50

Total £165

That's a champion offer if it's still there. The solicitors letter is just another part of the debt collection threatogram chain. The extra £172 is a load of horse shit of course and EDW's calculation is a more likely claim amount, should it end up at court. Pranky has reported bundles of claims where the parking weasels tried and failed to justify £100 as GPEOL. Adding £172 to it is not going to fly at all. That being said, they may well grow a pair and issue court proceedings. Your basic choice now is to carry on ignoring or to initiate contact. That's a matter for you of course but it may be easier to get them to back down now or issue a POPLA code. I found a template letter to use if you wish,

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=64748310&highlight=#post64748310

I've re-read your original post and Pranky has had a case with those exact circumstances,

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/waiting-for-space-is-not-parking.html

If it comes to it, this will only be part of your defence with GPEOL and Locus standi featuring quite strongly. Also, because your mate didn't leave his car, he wouldn't have read the signs. There was no consideration so the contract could not have been formed.

The short version: F :o ck 'em!

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #39 on: 21 July, 2014, 06:53:48 AM »
If the keeper was not the driver, you can give the keeper's details and go back to the beginning. 

Otherwise, you've ignored the threatograms thus far, continuing to ignore might be a good option.

There are plenty of people to help should a county court claim arrive.

EDW2000

« Reply #40 on: 21 July, 2014, 09:16:22 AM »
I recently did a case against Gladstones.

They were rubbish and folded.

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #41 on: 21 July, 2014, 11:00:58 PM »
Thanks to all.

As he is being asked to contact Roxburghe (UK) Ltd, I'm thinking, I'll get him to contact them, and explain that he is going to ask for a POPLA code and see where that gets us, or is it too late for that?

Thoughts please

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #42 on: 21 July, 2014, 11:19:16 PM »
Never too late to put your side of the story. Roxburgh are pricks and will try to bamboozle you with 'too late to appeal' or 'we only deal with payments and cannot handle appeals' or some similar bullshit. Any refusal on the part of Roxburgh, Euro or any other weasel to engage in ADR can be made known to the court and the court can then be invited to refer it to POPLA. Help yourself to some examples,

http://www.parking-prankster.com/popla-referrals.html

Roxburgh can blow my hampton.

Edit: Don't call them as requested on the Gladstones threatogram. They'll talk bollocks and you will have no record of what was said. NEVER RING A WEASEL. Always write to weasels, keep a copy and get free proof of postage at the post office.
« Last Edit: 21 July, 2014, 11:31:47 PM by Ewan Hoosami »

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #43 on: 06 October, 2014, 06:47:58 PM »
To call or not to call..................

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #44 on: 06 October, 2014, 07:20:36 PM »
At least the weasel who sent that has the necessary skills to ask Gary Osner for any wages owed.

:pmsl:      <Biglaugh>      :rotfl:      <laughing> 

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player