Author Topic: ParkingEye win over 90% of county court claims?  (Read 1316 times)

Offline «THÖMÅS®©™»

• Follower
    • Dohlman.net
ParkingEye win over 90% of county court claims?
« on: 11 February, 2014, 06:23:18 AM »
Really?  http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/motorist-information/parkingeye-win-over-90-of-county-court-hearings/

I don't believe this for a second.  I bet that it should be "ParkingEye win only 10% of county court claims".

These fines are illegal and unenforceable.  If I get one, I will tell PE to shove it where the sun don't shine for sure.
It's not "enforcement", it's "extortionate"!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: ParkingEye win over 90% of county court claims?
« Reply #1 on: 11 February, 2014, 08:11:49 AM »
You'd do well to hang around with the Parking Prankster. Unlike the BPA Ltd he is the recognised authority on parking.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/parkingeye-court-wins-dip-to-62.html
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Parking Prankster

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2014, 10:10:42 PM »
90% was their claim back in September 2013.

By January they claimed to win 85% of court cases.

Now they are claiming to win 'the majority' of court cases.

They still do win cases where the defendant has no idea what they are doing, or when the judge goes against the flow.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 15 April, 2014, 09:12:28 AM »
I think you will find that the "majority" of cases they do win are when the Defendant fails to put in a defence and judgment is automatically entered in favour of the Claimant. This is called entering judgment in default of defence. PE love this type of judgment because it adds favourably to their rates of success, with them having to prove nothing to the court.

Unfortunately, and somewhat ironically, this is a throwback to when PPCs claimed they were blocking up the court system by issuing thousands of claims, when in fact in one year prior to PoFA they issued 49. At that time it was so unlikely that you would end up in court that the advice was to ignore, ignore, and then ignore some more. That is what seems to be happening with these default judgments, because people are harking back to the old advice as if it is still sound.

The irony comes when one realises that the claim of blocking the courts system was a lie perpetrated on Government in order for them to be granted right to send Notices to Owners under the Protection of Freedoms Act.

Not only is the position now reversed whereby there are now thousands of claims being issued every month, but also the Protection of Freedoms Act is now a complete misnomer because it is failing entirely to protect motorist's freedom from abuse. I believe it is only a matter of time before the courts rumble what the likes of the ParkingEye weasels have been up to, but in the meantime many thousands of people are being ripped off with no evidence that their freedom is protected by the likes of the DVLA, the DfT, and indeed the Government.

Rant over.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player