Author Topic: VIDEO: Chessington CCTV car crash driver 'may have had view obstructed by lorry'  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
VIDEO: Chessington CCTV car crash driver 'may have had view obstructed by lorry'

The driver of a Kingston Council traffic enforcement car which crashed in Chessington yesterday may have had his view obstructed by a parked lorry, the authority has claimed.

A large number of parents and schoolchildren from Castle Hill primary school saw the aftermath of the crash, which happened at the junction of North Parade and Moor Lane yesterday afternoon, March 10.

Video footage taken immediately after the accident show the council-branded CCTV car stopped behind a black Toyota, as passersby look on.

VIDEO: Chessington CCTV car crash driver 'may have had view obstructed by lorry'

5:50pm Tuesday 11th March 2014 in News
Surrey Comet: The crash in Chessington yesterday The crash in Chessington yesterday

The driver of a Kingston Council traffic enforcement car which crashed in Chessington yesterday may have had his view obstructed by a parked lorry, the authority has claimed.

A large number of parents and schoolchildren from Castle Hill primary school saw the aftermath of the crash, which happened at the junction of North Parade and Moor Lane yesterday afternoon, March 10.

Video footage taken immediately after the accident show the council-branded CCTV car stopped behind a black Toyota, as passersby look on.

A Kingston Council spokesman said today: “The CCTV car driver had been enforcing a keep clear zone at a local school and is believed to have had his view obstructed by a parked van when turning into Manor Road [sic].

“Thankfully there are no reports of anybody being hurt.”

One witness said: “It was quite a dangerous place to crash.

“There were loads of school kids crossing the road at the time.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/11068947.VIDEO__Chessington_CCTV_car_crash_driver__may_have_had_view_obstructed_by_lorry_/

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Can someone please explain to me how this apparently badly parked lorry (magically missing from the video) obscured the view of the $car driver to the extent that he crashed into the side of a car that was in front of him?

I do hope they have a replacement vehicle for use while the one in the video is repaired. Children will be KILLED if they haven't. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline newham sux

• Follower
"Sorry I couldn't see past the van (parked quite legally during a delivery run) so I drove without due care and attention !!!"

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
A CEO wouldnt have caused that damage to a car...

why not have a CEO!!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Quote from: The average spokesweasel

These weasels obviously cannot even hear themselves. The black Yaris was approaching a crossing so was probably driving considerately and carefully.

Looking at the vehicle positions, the black Yaris must have been within the weasel's line of sight as it had almost cleared the junction when the weasel pulled out and struck the rear offside.

This is a clear case of driving with undue care and attention. I'm only glad it is not a case of causing death by reckless driving but that can only be a matter of time which must be one of the reasons why ministers have decided to act. NoToMob members have witnessed first hand the questionable driving skills of these drivers and their parking habits alone speak volumes. Here we have a vehicle that is fitted with some complex equipment that other cars do not have. Add to that the pressure that the operators are put under to hit their quotas and you have a recipe for disaster. The drivers will have no doubt been sent on courses to hone their button mashing skills so that they can issue as many PCNs as possible. They will have had no extra driver training like an advanced driver course. Advanced driver training would not contribute to the number of PCNs issued so why waste the money?

Just imagine if the roles had been reversed here. I wonder what the authority's position would be if the $camera car had almost cleared the junction before being struck by the black Yaris pulling out. Would they have accepted the (Yaris)driver blaming a parked lorry or would they have launched into the usual tirade about inconsiderate drivers. "See we warned you about dangerous drivers around schools. This is why we need these essential CCTV cars."

Having more drivers like this and less school crossing patrols can only have one possible consequence.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
I have one simple question for the $car driver.

If there was a lorry and it was parked illegally, consequently putting children's lives at risk, why didn't you film it and send the driver a ticket in the post? <_>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
This is on par with plod claiming they were 'On the way to an emergency' at the time of getting caught/crashing..... How many times must we hear this nonsense? I hardly think a foot patrolling CEO would have crashed and would equally have been a good visual deterent for any vans parking inconsiderably....!
Willing to do my bit...

Offline dangerous beanz

• Follower
If you cannot see your way forward (for whatever reason) either you cannot proceed, or, if you do, you do so with extreme caution.
Sounds to me like the scammer has owned up to driving without due care, at the very least.
Certainly the insurance co. won't be happy to see the driver sticking his hands up in such a public manner.
If there is a tourist season...how come we can't shoot them?

Offline «THÖMÅS®©™»

• Follower
I think the Councils explanation for how the $car crashed is absolute nonsense and beyond logic.

As The Bald Eagle has stated, if the van/lorry was there, then why can't we see i t in the picture or the video?

From my stand point, it seems that the $scar was in fact speeding and was unable to avoid the black Yaris in time and crashed.  That is 2 charges, speeding and driving without due care AND ATTENTION.  Just thankful that none of the children were hurt by the numpty in the $car.
It's not "enforcement", it's "extortionate"!

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player