Author Topic: I hate bloody cyclists  (Read 2885 times)

Offline shaunB

• Follower
I hate bloody cyclists
« on: 09 April, 2014, 08:51:26 AM »
 http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/offtopic.gif
Sitting at the traffic lights yesterday and a cyclists went past (through a red light) and took my wing mirror off. He then went down a couple of side-streets and onto a road where cars were banned. The worst thing was a police car was on the opposite side of the road and DIDN'T do anything. There should be a change in the law where cyclists must have insurance and pass a test to prove they are safe on the road. I really do hate cyclists
Cicatrices meæ juverunt ut crescerem.

Offline Overlord

• Follower
Re: I hate bloody cyclists
« Reply #1 on: 09 April, 2014, 12:52:29 PM »
And they wonder why they get knocked off their bikes! Many years ago, I used to live in Jersey in the Channel Islands where I spent my early school days. Cycles had to be taxed in the same way as cars and had a square tax document facing rearwards, fixed under the rear of the saddle. I don't know whether this is still the case, but given the way cyclists flout the law with impunity, I see no reason why this should not happen here.
 :idea:

Offline shaunB

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 09 April, 2014, 03:32:53 PM »
Good idea, where I live there are many cyclists and the amount who run red lights or go up the footpath to avoid traffic is ridiculous and what really annoys me is the police just sit and watch them. If a car and a cyclist are involved in a collision, it is the car driver who is automatically blamed. http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/upset.gif
Cicatrices meæ juverunt ut crescerem.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 09 April, 2014, 04:28:33 PM »
If you're in London, you could try reporting the location where these cyclists ignore Red Traffic Lights to your local Police.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 09 April, 2014, 04:50:09 PM »
If you're in London, you could try reporting the location where these cyclists ignore Red Traffic Lights to your local Police.

True Dick, you could also try Mystic Meg and David Ike for all the good it will do you!  <_>
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 09 April, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »

True Dick, you could also try Mystic Meg and David Ike for all the good it will do you!  <_>

About 40,000 Cyclists would disagree as a result of Operation Safeway.

Offline Dark Daze

• Civilian
« Reply #6 on: 11 April, 2014, 02:11:34 AM »
You should visit Cambridge sometime and experience the two wheeled menace that infests the streets of the city.

They're not all bad,  but the responsible cyclists are very much in the minority.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell (1903 - 1950)

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 11 April, 2014, 04:34:05 PM »
You should visit Cambridge sometime and experience the two wheeled menace that infests the streets of the city.

They're not all bad,  but the responsible cyclists are very much in the minority.

I've been there once - never again!