Author Topic: £100 parking fine for diner at McDonald’s in Northampton  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
£100 parking fine for diner at McDonald’s in Northampton
« on: 11 April, 2014, 10:37:37 AM »
£100 parking fine for diner at McDonald’s in Northampton

A woman has complained after receiving a £100 fine for parking in a McDonald’s restaurant in Northampton for over 90 minutes, even though she insists she was eating there.

Laura Kingsbury visited the Weston Favell branch last month with her children to meet a friend, but when they went to leave, both had received the fine.

Ms Kingsbury contacted McDonald’s and appealed the charge, but claims she was “brushed off with a reply letter”.

She said: “This is extreme to say the least. I will also be appealing to the parking firm but there are others getting this truly huge fine.”

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “To make sure there are always parking spaces for our customers, we had to introduce parking restrictions at a number of restaurants.

“In each of our restaurants where parking restrictions are in place, we work with industry-approved contractors to make the parking policy as fair and as clearly communicated as possible.”

McDonald’s said fines were in place because past problems had ranged from “some minicab drivers using car parks as waiting bays, to people leaving cars for several hours while they use nearby ammenities.” If people wish to contest a parking charge notice, they advise contacting the “relevant approved contractors”.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/100-parking-fine-for-diner-at-mcdonald-s-in-northampton-1-5994179

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: £100 parking fine for diner at McDonald’s in Northampton
« Reply #1 on: 11 April, 2014, 10:48:32 AM »
That's the way Ronald.

Carry on "fining" your customers.

Carry on being in denial.

Carry on brushing your customers aside and trusting your "industry-approved contractors" to deal with disgruntled customers in what will undoubtedly be a fair, honest and reasonable manner.

Carry on allowing your "industry-approved contractors" to drag your customers through the courts in your name.

I'm sure your PR department know exactly what they are doing and that this will have no repercussions whatsoever for your business or the reputation of McDonalds. ;D
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #2 on: 11 April, 2014, 10:51:52 AM »
I do wish these lazy journalists would stop telling people that Parking(sh)Eye(sters) issue fines. They don't. They issue sPeCulative iNvoices. If people want to contest their sPeCulative iNvoice I advise they contact a relevant approved Parking Prankster.

http://www.parking-prankster.com/parking-ticket.html

Even this bear knows not to give his money to parking weasels,

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 11 April, 2014, 12:06:02 PM »
Tell them to McOff!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player