Author Topic: Met Police suspend police/bailiff joint ANPR operations  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Met Police suspend police/bailiff joint ANPR operations
« on: 11 June, 2014, 08:07:12 PM »
Roads and Transport
Policing Command
Mr Xxxxxxxx
Palestra
197 Blackfriars Road
Southwark
SE1 8NJ
Telephone:
Facsimile:
Email:
XXXX.XXXXXX@met.pnn.police.uk
www.met.police.uk
Your ref:
Our ref:
6 June 2014

Dear Mr Xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your letter dated 17th March regarding the recent ‘Parking Mad’ documentary. I have been asked by Chief Superintendent Matt Bell, OCU Commander for Roads and Transport Policing Command, to respond on his behalf.

My apologies for the delay in response, your letter was only passed to me on the 21st May and there has been a lot of discussion in the last few days over these issues.

The current MPS policy on working with CEOs, was written to comply with all aspects of relevant legislation. This includes the Human Rights Act, ensuring our actions are proportionate, legal, appropriate and necessary for the discharge of warrants issued under Section 125 of the Magistrates Act. This policy included of safeguards such as the range of checks that must have been completed by the CEO and how recently they must have been done before we would consider stopping that vehicle.

However a number of concerns have been raised about the MPS working with Civil Enforcement Officers (CEO) and this has been debated at a senior level. As a result, the involvement of CEOs at roadside operations has been suspended until the MPS can fully explore the issues.

In regards to the officer’s actions as seen during the programme, I have taken steps to identify the officers concerned in order to obtain their version of events and details of how they were briefed. Once I have this information I will consider whether any further action should taken.

Please contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXX XXXXXXX.
T/Chief Inspector (HQ and Operations)

Offline Darcus

• Follower
Re: Met Police suspend police/bailiff joint ANPR operations
« Reply #1 on: 25 June, 2014, 10:29:34 AM »
Nice one. Just seen this. I think there are some embarrassing questions that need to be answered.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining