Author Topic: [B&D $chunt] 17/02/2011. Pen and a location  (Read 4581 times)

Offline rs2k

• Follower
[B&D $chunt] 17/02/2011. Pen and a location
« on: 17 February, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »
Soo, got very bored today ! 

Billie come over so he and I went for a little look about to see what we could find.

We headed down to Longbridge road, near the bus garage where they often sit - enforcing the bus lane in the morning... spoke to the coop manager and he said they are always there every morning, also spoke with the estate agents there and was told the same. I left a card with all I spoke with and they said we would be told :)

Billie went over to the bus garage and spoke with some drivers, I shall let him update you on what was said there.

As Billie and I met together to chat I spotted our little IQ coming down Longbridge road !!!  In disbelief I had to look again, and yep... it was ! :D

So Billie and I kit up on the quick and the car approaches !!  car turns into where we are parked, a kind of slip that leads to the next road... used as a lights bypass most of the time. Single occupied the car goes past us, and carries on down Upney lane. Billie and I follow :D

The car goes in a scenic route tour of Barking and Upney, doing a U turn under a overpass (legally).

The car eventually lead us to Barking Town hall  :-ev-:  THE PEN !!!  Success !

:D    :dancing:

We wait at the rear of Wilkinson (see pics below) where we chatted to a guy called 'Bob' who showed us where we can park, thats out the way. There is private enforcement there but he said any problems get them to speak to him. ...

We can park here >

Sign

Anyway, while there we chatted to a couple of council workers who had come out for a crafty ciggi I noticed some staff with the car checking the boot kit.

While I was on the phone to Suz a different guy comes over and chats to us, he identified him self as the supervisor for cctv enforcement and asked what we were up to.
I dully explained what we do, who we are and that we meant no menace to the car operators. He used the normal line that the operator we had followed back to the pen felt a little intimidated - so I handed him a copy of the statement of intent (the copy I have added in downloadable pdf format), he reads, nods his head and just says "ok". :D

I explain that we will follow the car whenever we are about, and assist them with the SoS aim of 100% compliance... not a lot he could say to that !

As we was talking the car began to kit up to leave, so I ask 'is the car about to go'  ... he replies 'yes'. I bid him farewell and kitted up ready.

The car pulled out and we followed it, with very sensible driving I must add. Well done guys.

We ended up at Ripple road, with the $car watching a bus lane... hiding !!

Can you spot the car ?

How about now ?

Its about 2-3 cars up past the bus stop...!!!

I asked why they were not visable, driver says they can only park where available... 

There is bays before the bus lane !!! which had spaces btw.

We assisted here for a good hour or so, with lots of thumbs up and waves, toots from the public. We even had a visit by our local police.... a Sgt as well, who asked what we were doing and is it legal :o  :pmsl:   We explained, billie showed him the SOI which he was not intrested in ! lol. He got a blue shout and off he went, blue and two's on... 

Unfortunatly, as is common the $car tried to leave us... ! which it managed while the police were with us  :-ev-:  But me having a good idea of where they were off to, I caught up to them near the Roundhouse... jcn of Porters ave and Lodge ave  :D   

Driver did not look happy !

We followed the $scar around green lanes, some of the back roads with the $car almost turning down a NO left turn !! lol, realising his error he quickly changed !

With me not feeling so well (again), we headed back to my house for about 1800... we was out from about 1430 :) so all in all not bad !

So to re-cap.

Bus lane enforcement is -

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Rippleside+Cemetery&aq=0&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=15.84337,53.569336&ie=UTF8&hq=Rippleside+Cemetery&hnear=&ll=51.534844,0.103834&spn=0.008129,0.026157&z=16&iwloc=B

Pen is -

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Clockhouse+Avenue,+Barking&aq=0&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=15.84337,53.569336&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Clockhouse+Ave,+Barking,+Greater+London+IG11+8,+United+Kingdom&z=16

:) 
« Last Edit: 18 February, 2011, 10:04:19 PM by billie.skeggs »

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
Re: $chunt - 17/02/2011. Pen and a location
« Reply #1 on: 17 February, 2011, 07:12:41 PM »
Well done guys, keep it up  :aplude:

i'm sure a mass visit will be heading your way soon  :-ev-:
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 17 February, 2011, 07:15:32 PM »
Well a boring day turned into some fun....

And im sure MG will appreciate as fun it is doing the treck for $chunting, playing on home turf is a nice change...

We headed of primirally on a recon mission.. Gathering Intel and getting the word out..

First stop a known location Longbridge road.. tho on approcah seing the bus lanes were out of service (as in times) though we would come up short and have a chat..

As bill said i chatted to a bus operator who said the $car was getting people for cutting the end of the bus lane to either go into the shopping byroad or get into lane one..  he said even as a bus driver he sees no halm in it at all as after all helps ease the tail back to the lights and causes no problem for the busses..

as me a bill regroup who pops along.. our $camera car.. couldnt believe it.. jumped on the bikes and headded to follow..

must say the car not very well marked up just come camera signs on the doors.. but as said safe driving..

after we found the pen and a chat with mr parking services.. the car headed off with us in tow..

we got alot of weird looks and thumbs up at the bus lane.. and was a good responce..

best bit of all.. i got most of it on video so will get that up asap..

so a good days work..

intel we recieved :

2 cars operation 24/7 (depending on staff)
they have SET plans which mr parking services has kindly said he would give us a copy without the need of FOI..

he seemed a but unhappy when we said we werent going anywhere but what can he do eh.. after all we are helping the council do as the SoS requires them to do so ...

Hmm havering next me thinks..

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 17 February, 2011, 07:25:15 PM »

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 17 February, 2011, 07:36:17 PM »
Great work guys, and an excellent report keep up the good work   :aplude: :aplude:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 17 February, 2011, 10:41:39 PM »
And the world record for the longest $chunt report goes....to ...Rs2k :aplude:  :aplude: :pmsl:

Really well done guys, :D  a great report and yes Rs2k, It is great $chunting on your doorstep because your home in 5 mins when its ends.
Hopefully you will both be able to join us all next Weds 23rd  ;D for a mega farewell $chunt for Crabby  :'( :dancing:....oh and the Chatham news.  :dancing:

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 17 February, 2011, 10:45:38 PM »
Quote from: "Monkey Girl"

And the world record for the longest $chunt report goes....to ...Rs2k :aplude:  :aplude: :pmsl:

Really well done guys, :D  a great report and yes Rs2k, It is great $chunting on your doorstep because your home in 5 mins when its ends.
Hopefully you will both be able to join us all next Weds 23rd  ;D for a mega farewell $chunt for Crabby  :'( :dancing:....oh and the Chatham news.  :dancing:

:D  You want to see my nursing reports PMSL !

I hope to be in medway weds :)  but was comfortable with being local today, what with my ticker and things :)   as long as I am stable I shall be there, without fail.

Offline Tom Tom Str

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 18 February, 2011, 09:20:49 AM »
Brilliant Work Guys !! Well done to you both !   :aplude: :aplude:   Just makes it clear how much more work there is to do out there ! These $cars are everywhere  :o  See you soon no doubt !    ;D

Offline HeadlongCabbie

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 18 February, 2011, 11:20:23 AM »
superb stuff. The NoToMob really are coming to a town near you

"Support your local $chunt"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #9 on: 18 February, 2011, 12:49:53 PM »
Well played guys. You did brilliantly and played it to perfection! :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

Keep the reports coming please, and let us know if their behaviour changes now they know we are onto them.

Well done for taking the initiative. You guys have done us proud. :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: ;D
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player