Author Topic: Lewisham High Street Southbound PCN  (Read 22987 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Lewisham High Street Southbound PCN
« Reply #30 on: 09 July, 2014, 03:41:37 PM »
@DastardlyDick. I had requested route taken by Mr Derek Raymond Perry 212017879A  under Freedom of Information Act both from PaTAS and LBC - neither have provided - was hoping to challenge LBC's signage. Don't know how to go forward with either of those. Had also requested the authority for the Southbound signage, again not provided.

Do you know how many tickets have been given out at that location? An FoI to Lewisham council asking for monthly breakdowns for the last three years will give a good indication of the scale of the problem.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #31 on: 09 July, 2014, 11:35:15 PM »
Personally, I'd put in the grounds suggested by Hippocrates, the stuff I gave you (which also came from Hippocrates), and also the part of the Statutory Guidance that says that CCTV Enforcement should only be used where CEOs can't be - you'll find that on here somewhere, hopefully someone a bit better at searching forums than me will point it out. Include all the Case Numbers.

If in doubt DD, check out the Useful Posts and Stickies thread. ;)

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,2796.0.html

Thanks BE, I know the theory, but I didn't want to crash the forum!

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #32 on: 09 July, 2014, 11:46:48 PM »
AFAIK the permitted signs (and their permitted variants and combinations) are in the Traffic Signs Manual - yes, there is such a book believe it or not!.

If you go and have a look at the Ticket Fighter website, they have some of them.

Did Lweisham give a reason for not supplying the information you requested? If you did it as an FoI request, I believe they have to either give you the information, or a reason for not giving it to you.

Offline Nope

• Follower
« Reply #33 on: 10 July, 2014, 11:16:40 AM »
@DastardlyDick - I had all ready downloaded the Traffic Signs Manual and cannot find advance warning signs as modified and used   by LBC. They have not given a reason for not supplying the FOI Act info requested - complete silence. Any info how to pursue that? They have also not provided the authorisation for their modded signs in the Southbound direction. Would love to attack them on this and help others in retrospect.
« Last Edit: 10 July, 2014, 08:32:41 PM by Nope »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #34 on: 10 July, 2014, 12:24:47 PM »
@DastardlyDick - I had all ready downloaded the Traffic Signs Manual and cannot find advance warning signs as modified and used   by LBC. They have not given a reason for supplying the FOI Act info requested - complete silence. Any info how to pursue that? They have also not provided the authorisation for their modded signs in the Southbound direction. Would love to attack them on this and help others in retrospect.

This thread is useful for this type of thing:

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/board,64.0.html

On it you will find a thread headed "DfT special authorisations for signs and lines. Here is the link:

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,1841.0.html

Search for Lewisham and you will find all special authorisations granted to Lewisham. If you are correct and the council have modified signs to the point where they are not catered for in TSRGD, and if they have no special authorisation from the DfT to use those signs, then they may well fail the Beatson test as described in the Hemel Hempstead case where we got them to return about a million quid to wronged motorists.

Here is a link to the Hemel Hempstead case which incidentally is also on the useful posts and stickies thread

http://notomob.co.uk/documents/MERBLCaseNoQA05111ERedacted.pdf

Let us know how you get on and we can guide you through what to do next. We will need an elector from Lewisham who is willing to let us represent them at the annual inspection of accounts. Lewisham council's inspection period begins on 21st July and closes on 15th August. Do you, or indeed does anyone know someoneone who fits the bill?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Nope

• Follower
« Reply #35 on: 10 July, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »
The link only gives authorisations since 1 Jan 2011. I've emailed mailto:traffic.signs@dft.gsi.gov.uk requesting the info under FoI act, with Lewisham copied in. I don't know any electors in Lewisham [except an old friend who works for the Council! - no contact except Christmas cards].
I found Beatson on your site and did use it in my Appeal.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #36 on: 10 July, 2014, 09:31:29 PM »
Unfortunately the clock is ticking and we need to find an elector asap if we want to get anyone their money back for the financial year 2013/14. Please wrack your brains and ask friends if they know of any Lewisham electors.

Cheers

BE
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Nope

• Follower
« Reply #37 on: 16 July, 2014, 11:19:24 PM »
@The Bald Eagle. My friend who lives in Lewisham has informed me he's been in touch with you stating he is happy for you to represent him [as an elector] at Lewisham's annual inspection of accounts - I hope you can.

Offline ChrisAB

• Civilian
« Reply #38 on: 05 November, 2015, 01:42:03 PM »
Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but I have read through and am pretty sure the PCN I recently received is for the same reason as Nope's. I can start a new one if you think it would be best?

I was caught by a camera driving in a bus lane (contravention: 34j) on Lewisham High Street at 8pm. After reading through this thread and others on Pepipoo website, I put together an appeal using some suggestions previously made for Nope. Yesterday I received a second letter rejecting my appeal. I wondered if any of you could give me your opinions on what to do next and whether I have reason to appeal further.

I am attaching scans of all documentation received and sent in this regard, hopefully in order. I also received a DVD with the footage which only shows the vehicle driving through the bus lane. There is no footage of the vehicle entering the bus lane or passing any signage.

The most recent letter states the grounds for contesting (should be 6th attachment) and refers to quoting a crime reference number if somebody else was in control. I think I remember reading somewhere that this does not stand up in the event of a family member taking without permission for example. Could anyone advise further on this?

As per Nope, the signage is poor and the sign before Albion Way is unclear and can be interpreted as bus lane and compulsory turn 110 yd ahead. There is also no signage at the Albion Way junction.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Chris

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player