Author Topic: [B&D $chunt] Day 2 : 18/02/11 - The second $chunt  (Read 6592 times)

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
[B&D $chunt] Day 2 : 18/02/11 - The second $chunt
« on: 18 February, 2011, 09:01:44 PM »
i Must say "B&D $CAR CREWS ARE CRAZY CANT DRIVE, ABSOULTE MENANCES. GRRRRRR"...
only kidding, they ask us for a good review ;) more on that in a bit.. 

In reality i would say one of the top councils when it comes to Mobile CCTV Enforcement... $car guys from today... hats off to ya :)

So the story...

After yesterdays success me and bill set out to give the $camera cars some more assistance today..

We headed out about 1pm and headed for the pen via 2 hotspots (Ripple Road bus lane... upney lane box junction)
No $car at the pen, none on route...

We then headed via longbridge road (although the bus lane not inforce is a main route to the known locations around dagenham) back to rs2k's as his front wheel felt as it was pulling right under braking.. hmmm after a coffee and in inspection of the calipers.. we found no issues and decide to head back out..

being of similar time to yestedays shunt we headded straight to the pen... only to find no cars :(

knowing the bus lane at ripple road was back in action (enforcement times 4-7pm) of we shot..

STILL NO CAR.. :( not fun..  by now i was starving so headded to maccy D just off the a13 (2 mins down the road)..

after a double cheese burger, chicken mayo, and ranch snack wrap (told you i was hungry ) headded off to ripple road again.. sure we would find a car..

and WE DID!! :D.. me and rs2k spun round and parked up..

however no sooner had we got to the start of the bus lane (approx 3 mins of arriving ) with the signs and masks on camera goes down and off he shoots...

i took the lead and rs played catch up as he was fumbling with his gloves.. and i handt bothered putting them on...

we were taken for a tour of dagenham, but the cold was getting to me so had to pull over to get gloves on..

i must say if you are a regular $schunter radios are a life line.. athough our are slightly more power then the cheapos ;);) we covered good range and after some loops and turns soon found each other again..

infact i became the chased when i took a wrong turn.. and all of a sudden the $car is behind me.. while im waiting on double yellows getting my bearings

damm bike got suck in neutral if patas ask.. ;) ;)

After a few more stops in what we originally thought were weird places we ended back at the bus lane in ripple road..

rather then put our signs up we had a chat... i mean hows the operator supposed to operate if were distracting them. lol

After a good long chat we found out a fair few thing.. but ill leave rs2k to fill you in. dont wanna hog the lime light..

will say again excellent conduct from the $car crew :)
« Last Edit: 18 February, 2011, 10:04:42 PM by billie.skeggs »

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
Re: Day 2 : 18/02/11 - The second $chunt
« Reply #1 on: 18 February, 2011, 09:44:10 PM »
Great works Guys  :D well done  :D
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Day 2 : 18/02/11 - The second $chunt
« Reply #2 on: 18 February, 2011, 09:58:21 PM »
This is good stuff guys.

Without giving too much away, we have been discussing providing you guys some assistance in the near future. If you want to know more we can talk about it tomorrow, or you can pm me or give me a bell.

By the way, are B&D $cars run by NSL, Apcoa, or others?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
Re: [B&D $chunt] Day 2 : 18/02/11 - The second $chunt
« Reply #3 on: 18 February, 2011, 10:14:41 PM »
I was wating for rs2k to add before going to much in depth..

B&D have 1 car at present. Run by them direct.. no outside leace... with possible plans for a 2nd

speaking with the crew "Hi Guys i had the Red Bike ;)" we found out quita a bit.

They have NO targets.. in fact the op was even discusted when i even suggested it "that not legal at all is it ??" was his reply/
They have no set plan or path.. but are told  of locations to monitor .. including areas of complaint or recent incident.. such location was out side some shops on lodge ave where an old lady was struck due to bad parking..

the guys in the car said they aim to be a deterrent. and if no contraventions accour they move on .. (much like once we arrived at the bus land first of all.. they knew werent going to get anyone so moved on )

the guys in the car also said when monitoring they always try to pay in bays, and try to NOT park on lines at anytime.. they even mentioned although "leagl" to use bus lanes when not in operation they have been asked not to use them as it give the impression "one rule for them one for the other "

as i started seems like B&D are on ball for it all and operate with the public safty in mind as well as good lenieancy.. rather then a cash cow..

plus they have gone and taken all the fun out of $CHUNTING.. as they said just pop up and say hi and theyll let us know where there off to next when they move off..

in fairness with whats we have seen so far.. i can only praise the way B&D operate... only think i would sugeest is a bright yellow iQ rather then a white....

to me personally; makes sence why Mr Parking Enforcement looked shocked to see us the first day as it seems hes doing everything by the book for the people rather then the councils budget

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #4 on: 18 February, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »
Point taken mate. Would still like to see the $car at the top of the bus lane with flashing lights, some bells and whistles though, i.e. a VISIBLE deterrent. Maybe you can suggest this to your friendly parking manager next time you see him?

Seems to me that if you are prepared to allow the motorist to commit the offence and then fine him/her rather than making sure the the deterrent is seen thus preventing the offence in the first place, then that's what anyone not using the motorists as cash cows should be aspiring to.

Keep up the good work guys, and keep your cameras handy. ;)

Stay cool 8)

Bald Eagle
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 18 February, 2011, 11:11:34 PM »
Quote from: "The Bald Eagle"
Point taken mate. Would still like to see the $car at the top of the bus lane with flashing lights, some bells and whistles though, i.e. a VISIBLE deterrent. Maybe you can suggest this to your friendly parking manager next time you see him?

To be fair.. the bus lane in question has plenty of CCTV signs.. and "bus lane enforcement camera" signs.. its the gamblers that got away with it once and keep trying their luck..

yeah the CCTV cars are very covert.. but idiots are ignoring surprisingly "good" sinage..

i should then to not sound like im with the idea of the $cars.. i can happily say they are the "safest and cosiderate" $cars i have so far encountered

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 18 February, 2011, 11:20:19 PM »
I would argue that the safest and most considerate $cars I have seen are grounded at O street.  :-ev-:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 18 February, 2011, 11:28:41 PM »
Quote from: "Pat Pending"
I would argue that the safest and most considerate $cars I have seen are grounded at O street.  :-ev-:

touchè

Offline TT

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 19 February, 2011, 12:35:52 AM »
I fear they may have looked them in the eyes and turned to the dark side :) they may need de programming!

Fair play to them though if they are playing by the rules although what BE said stands...ie if you are stating that you are a deterent then be one....

That said, maybe B&D should be put on the backburner to chase more worthy cash cow councils?
Easy Rider

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 19 February, 2011, 12:44:34 AM »
Call me a cynic but I think best behaviour whilst we are present proves F*ck all. I would continue to build a picture for a while from reports from public / retailers etc. I also find driving arround now and again in a car is good instead of the bike as no one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Sorry slipped into Monty Python mode.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #10 on: 19 February, 2011, 12:54:01 AM »
Quote from: "TT"
I fear they may have looked them in the eyes and turned to the dark side :) they may need de programming!

Fair play to them though if they are playing by the rules although what BE said stands...ie if you are stating that you are a deterent then be one....

That said, maybe B&D should be put on the backburner to chase more worthy cash cow councils?

well as its not a massive area.. and the lot we have spoke with seem quite frendly i think will see how things go with a few foi's and convos... but i think safe to say bar a few small things they are doing well..

however havering (3-5 miles away.. my HOME turf) well are and absoulute nightmare for parking like twats... so there next on my hit list

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #11 on: 19 February, 2011, 12:57:13 AM »
I will have some info re Havering for you by Monday night Billie.

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #12 on: 19 February, 2011, 01:17:38 AM »

Top stuff.. i not done recom yet so have no info what so ever.. i know they do parking enforcement as well at MTV (moving traffic Violations).. and no idea where pen could be.. but all or any intel would be great :)

Offline whiteshadow1969

• Follower
« Reply #13 on: 23 February, 2011, 12:38:25 AM »
Today when i was driving in my lorry i see Havering cctv car on the romford road A1112 and next to lambourne rd B173.
The time was about 10.15am the car with a plump lady parked up on a bus stop.
What i did notice while sitting at the traffic lights that there were no cctv stickers on the back of the car.
Hope this helps

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #14 on: 23 February, 2011, 11:45:35 AM »

Sorry Billie he was complete wash out but I have beat him up and told him to start marking down any location he sees once the swelling on his black eyes goes down.  :o

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player