Author Topic: ticket issued via the post have I got grounds for an appeal?  (Read 3516 times)

Offline michris

• Civilian
I parked outside Gordon Road school on the zigzags.  The next day,  Friday,  wad a teacher training day so the school was closed.   Today, over 1 week later,  I received a penalty notice -there was the medway smart car parked outside the school that day.  The notice says no parking Monday to Friday and does not say term time only. The noyice had the reg bit the make of the car is wrong.  Should I just man up and pay or can  appeal?

Thanks

Offline michris

• Civilian
Re: ticket issued via the post have I got grounds for an appeal?
« Reply #1 on: 03 June, 2014, 11:24:47 PM »
Sorry that should read the notice on the lamp post by the zigzags reads no parking mon - fri, no mention of termtime only.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #2 on: 04 June, 2014, 03:17:59 PM »
Check out page 3 - point 3 of the attached. You can refer to this in your appeal to the council and make them provide their reasons for not sending a foot patrol CEO to enforce the lines. You can also mention that the fact that the model of the car is wrong and this is a procedural impropriety.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 04 June, 2014, 05:02:20 PM »
How wrong is the Reg. No.? If, for example, its a letter O instead of a zero 0 an adjudicator may consider this to be “de minimis non curat lex” (the law will not concern itself with trifles) and reject your appeal.
With the greatest respect to Bald Eagle, I don't think that the model of the vehicle is mandatory, so a procedural impropriety would not occur.
Some Councils (I don't know if Medway is one of them) allow you to view the PCN Evidence they think proves the contravention online. If they do, try entering your correct reg. no.  and PCN Number into it and see what comes up.
« Last Edit: 04 June, 2014, 06:06:55 PM by DastardlyDick »

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player