Author Topic: Robert Goodwill: Speech at Parkex 10 June 2014  (Read 2910 times)

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: Robert Goodwill: Speech at Parkex 10 June 2014
« Reply #1 on: 12 June, 2014, 12:09:06 AM »
Some parts of that speech are positively scary, like not having to provide upright signs for some types of bay, being able to put yellow lines down without a TRO. I'm sure we can all think of certain Councils (especially one in Central London) who will take full advantage of that to the detriment of motorists!

As for his assertion that "industry self-regulation can succeed" - is he actually living in the real world? I think most people who've had to deal with the likes of Parking Eye and other PPCs will disagree with that.

It looks to me like the DfT and DCLG have been well and truly 'got at' by the wea$els and their PR companies, and that any reform of the parking 'industry' will be to throw a few crumbs to us, the Public, (a small restriction on the use of CCTV, a couple of minutes 'grace' before a PCN is issued - which most Councils already do) while giving Councils even more methods of shafting us.

I will await the final outcome in March next year, but that speech does not give me much hope.
« Last Edit: 12 June, 2014, 10:36:34 AM by DastardlyDick »

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
Re: Robert Goodwill: Speech at Parkex 10 June 2014
« Reply #2 on: 13 June, 2014, 03:52:54 PM »
Hmmm... the lack of signs will amongst other things be a riot when it snows! I'm sure CEO's will be issued with brooms to get their numbers above average...
Willing to do my bit...