Author Topic: Council Spycar ban, quelle surprise.  (Read 3845 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Council Spycar ban, quelle surprise.
« on: 22 June, 2014, 01:58:50 PM »
Every single parking wea$el who financially benefits from the use of $camera cars is now in a state of shock. They can't seem to understand why central government has been forced to intervene after years of systematic abuse. One such confused wea$el is Cheltenham Borough Council chief executive Andrew North,

http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Leave-parking-enforcement-councils-says-chief/story-21273370-detail/story.html

The prize twit has actually twitted, and I'm not even making this up,

"Why can't the govt leave decisions on parking enforcement to councils? After all, we are more trusted than they are."  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

If anyone can answer this perplexing question, Andrew would love to hear your thoughts,

https://twitter.com/andrewnorthcbc
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Re: Council Spycar ban, quelle surprise.
« Reply #1 on: 22 June, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »
This was picked up earlier and we had a twitter exchange about it:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Why can't the govt leave decisions on parking enforcement to councils? After all, we are more trusted than they are.

---------------------------------

@andrewnorthcbc So we can trust councils can we? Aren't ticket targets in parking contracts illegal? See 6.24 to 6.30 http://notomob.co.uk/documents/Bromley/Bromley%20parking%20contract%20Conditions.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------

@NoToMob Don't say councils are perfect but they are locally accountable and can reflect local circumstances in policies.

----------------------------------------------------------------

@andrewnorthcbc Local accountability? When county council makes decisions for borough? http://www.publicprocurementinsider.com/2013/01/22/cheltenham-borough-council-opposes-parking-contract/

--------------------------------------------------------

@NoToMob My order of preference for regulating parking enforcement - parish or community first, then borough, then county. Last government.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@andrewnorthcbc Thankfully your preferences don't count, but those elected to serve do. http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Personal-row-council-chief-politician/story-19016030-detail/story.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheltenham borough council are currently being investigated by the Mob (thanks to Mr North's opinions on how he wants to run the country)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 22 June, 2014, 02:46:39 PM »
Plymouth Council bosses have also weighed in with the usual wea$el nonsense,

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Camera-car-ban-Plymouth-schoolchildren-risk-says/story-21275482-detail/story.html

This article contains such gems as,

A BAN on Plymouth's controversial 'spy camera' car will put city schoolchildren at risk, say angry council bosses.

In response to Communities Secretary Eric Pickles’ decision to order local councils to bin the CCTV cars, Plymouth city Council leader Tudor Evans said: "This drives a coach, horses and HGV through our ‘Safer Journeys to School’ policy."

"Camera cars have been a godsend as we try and tackle antisocial parking outside school gates."

"This decision will severely hamper our fight against inconsiderate parking at schools during morning and afternoon rush hour."

“We can do a lot of school areas in a day with the camera cars, making sure children can get to school safely and local residents don’t suffer from inconsiderate parking."

The Council boss obviously didn't notice how nearly every news story suggests that $camera enforcement may continue outside the $chool gate$. He was probably worried about the loss of his cash cow scheme that the Traffic Penalty Tribunal have ruled as having misleading road signs.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymouth-driver-beats-council-bus-lane-fine/story-18341361-detail/story.html

Plymouth is of course the home of piracy.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 22 June, 2014, 04:19:03 PM »
I love this photo. "Keeping our roads safe". Sod the blind person on the pavement though.

And as for that idiot councillor banging on about killing kiddies, why is he getting so upset?

Is it because he realises that the $car can't possibly earn enough money outside schools to justify the expense of keeping it? The council would then have a real moral dilemma then wouldn't they.

Having gone in all guns blazing, saying that children would be killed if it weren't for the $car, what is going to happen when they realise its continued use is not commercially viable? From a moral standpoint Mr idiot councillor must surely demand that the $car be retained despite the fact it loses money faster than a degenerate gambler betting on England to win the world cup.

Oh dear! Silly me. I keep on forgetting that idiot councillors like this don't have any morals, so there is no crisis of conscience is there.

It'll be "F@*# the kiddies. They did perfectly well before we had the $car so they can learn how to cross the road properly or become just another drop of chlorine in the gene pool."

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 22 June, 2014, 05:42:14 PM »
The jury is already back on the decision making process for $camera cars, from January '14,

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/CCTV-car-scrapped/story-20485138-detail/story.html

TORBAY council is scrapping a controversial CCTV parking car.

The authority introduced the car last year to crack down on bad parking at more than 30 schools in the Bay.

The car, which costs £14,000 to run, issued 364 fines last year, generating £10,828.

Cllr Robert Excell, executive member for transport, said: "It costs £14,000 and we have only issued £10,000 of tickets which means it is not washing its face."

He said: "We have got to save money, but more importantly than that, it is about safety. It hasn't solved the problem because parents are still parking dangerously."

He said the authority would instead use community parking officers to patrol the schools at busy times.

He said: "This way, we are able to interact with parents and explain the consequences of parking badly.

"It is about safety rather than penalties."

Mayor Gordon Oliver took the decision to take the car off the road in the face of £22million spending cuts in the next financial year.

In other news the British Parking Association have commissioned a top Savile Row tailor to supply bespoke trousers made entirely from space shuttle re-entry tiles.  ;D

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 22 June, 2014, 06:35:36 PM »
I'd just like to know where this Councillor got the idea that Councils are "more trusted" than central government from?

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #6 on: 22 June, 2014, 06:47:57 PM »
I'd just like to know where this Councillor got the idea that Councils are "more trusted" than central government from?

And there's the rub DD. Comes across like an elected official doesn't he? Right up to the point you realise he's the CEO employed by the council (salary £105k to £110k), and he is as much a public SERVANT as any councillor.

He was booted off the scrutiny committee because a PROPERLY ELECTED OFFICIAL pointed out there was a definite conflict of interest in him being there.

Check this out

http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Personal-row-council-chief-politician/story-19016030-detail/story.html
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player