Author Topic: Lambeth Honeypots  (Read 5309 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Lambeth Honeypots
« on: 19 February, 2011, 10:57:06 PM »
Post any favourite haunts on this thread
« Last Edit: 22 February, 2011, 05:04:41 PM by The Bald Eagle »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: 22 February, 2011, 11:47:23 AM by BailiffHunter »
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Esinem

• Follower
Re: Honeypots
« Reply #2 on: 22 February, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »
So it looks like we need to check:

Gypsy Hill jct
York Hill/Norwood Rd (box jct)
Greyhound Lane (weight restriction)
Salters Rd (give way): http://www.greatorex.org/lambethparking/original_case.htm
Eardley Rd

Any more?
« Last Edit: 23 February, 2011, 01:05:18 AM by Esinem »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
Re: Honeypots
« Reply #3 on: 22 February, 2011, 03:15:54 PM »
I have runs down there this week so I will take a look.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Esinem

• Follower
Re: Lambeth Honeypots
« Reply #4 on: 23 February, 2011, 01:00:46 AM »

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 23 February, 2011, 09:35:48 AM »
Bailliffhunter & I are on patrol there today from around 10:30. Tally ho!

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 24 February, 2011, 01:50:13 AM »
Article re Eardley Rd

Streatham Vale Yellow Box The Streatham Vale yellow box was installed by Lambeth Council at the junction of Eardley Raod and Streatham Vale in the 1990’s, however Because of the complexity of the junction it was not difficult for even experienced motorists to be trapped in the box either when the out of sight traffic lights at the greyhound Lane/Estreham/Ellison junction changed causing a tail back over the bridge or when the lights at the Vale /Woodgate Drive junction did also causing a tail back on the opposite side of Streatham Vale. The former caused a welter of letters to the Streatham Guardian in 2007 and the lights were eventually rephased improving the situation somewhat, however this still left the cars turning right from Eardley into the Vale being trapped in the box when the lights changed on the Woodgate Drive junction.

The Association became extremely concerned that large numbers of motorists using the Vale/Eardley junction were being unfairly targeted by Lambeth Council and In 2007 it was found that cars were being issued with penalty notices claiming the yellow box was in Eardley Road when of course it was in Streatham Vale. It was only the CCTV car which was in Eardley Road. This was appealed to the PATAS independent adjudicator by Councillor Julian Heather representing a constituent. The adjudicator concurred that the notice was defective and upheld the appeal.    

An identical appeal represented by the Association was due to be heard a few days later but Lambeth did not press the case and we won by default. Subsequently we applied to the PATAS adjudicator for costs and £47.00 was awarded by the adjudicator. In so doing the adjudicator commented “…………I find the conduct of the local authority to have been wholly unreasonable”…..and directed Lambeth Council to pay the costs.

In 2008 a local motorist appealed against the issuance of a penalty notice for turning right in the box when turning right from Eardley Road to Streatham Vale. In summing up his reasons for allowing the appeal the adjudicator stated inter alia he was satisfied ”….the appellants car entered the box junction for the purpose of turning right and stopped within the junction for so long as it was prevented from turning right by vehicles which were stationary whilst waiting to complete a right turn…..”

After the SVPOA submitted a copy of this judgement to Lambeth Council through local Councillors it was agreed that:

1. Vehicles would no longer be issued with penalty notices for waiting in the Vale/Eardley yellow box to turn right into the Vale.

2. The yellow box in front of the LEFT HAND lane of Eardley Road would be removed so motorists turning left onto the bridge would not run the risk of being penalised.

3. Motorists would only be issued with penalty notices if they are proceeding up the Vale towards the railway bridge and stopped illegally in the yellow box.

This was victory for local residents, Councillors and the SVPOA and another demonstration that Lambeth Council would do a lot better if it listened to local residents.

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 25 February, 2011, 12:32:16 PM »
Just Tweeted:

Valleyfield Rd, SW16.  $CAMera van, VRN: HJ09 MGE  (does MGE stand for Monkey Girl Emergency?) It appears to be monitoring signs at roadworks (No Entry?). Might pop down and take a look ;-)

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 26 February, 2011, 08:21:29 PM »

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player