Author Topic: Government to ban CCTV for parking under Deregulation Bill  (Read 11938 times)

EDW2000

Re: Government to ban CCTV for parking under Deregulation Bill
« Reply #15 on: 21 June, 2014, 01:19:01 PM »
why are they talking about spy cars and not fixed cameras?

Pickles is a moron.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-bans-use-of-cctv-spy-cars-for-on-street-parking

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #16 on: 21 June, 2014, 01:23:42 PM »
why are they talking about spy cars and not fixed cameras?

Pickles is a moron.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-bans-use-of-cctv-spy-cars-for-on-street-parking

You've missed the point EDW, the legislation will ban both fixed and mobile CCTV. However, the mass media are concentrating on the spy cars because they are the more visually identifiable.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #17 on: 21 June, 2014, 02:08:17 PM »
……………...what are they gonna try next?

Going and f :o cking themselves would be my best guess. Fantastic news that guys and gals. A really important wea$el revenue stream is about to be cut off.I'll bet the BPA Ltd are positively ecstatic that standards are about to be raised in the parking industry. If Choccy wants to come along to our next bash, I'll be more than happy to buy him a pint. (it has to pass through Killswitch first)

I wouldn't have thought that the BPA will give a stuff - doesn't all their income come from off street parking?

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #18 on: 21 June, 2014, 02:21:43 PM »
While all these reforms are excellent news for all motorists - my hearty congratulations to all those involved in getting this victory - it won't be totally "ending the plague of parking tickets by post" they'll still be issued by post for 'drive aways' or where the CEO is phsically prevented from serving the PCN.

Offline Tom Tom Str

• Follower
« Reply #19 on: 21 June, 2014, 02:26:07 PM »
Woop Woop & WooHoo indeedy !    :party:    Excellent result !   :dancing:    and well worth the many hours of the dedicated   :aplude:

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #20 on: 21 June, 2014, 02:29:08 PM »
I wouldn't have thought that the BPA will give a stuff - doesn't all their income come from off street parking?

Er no, DD. There are many local authorities that belong to the BPA and, in many cases, local authority is undertaken by private parking companies. This ban is going to hit them very hard indeed.

Furthermore, I predict that it won't be very long before we see more restrictions to control the activities of the private companies in the parking on private land activity.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #21 on: 21 June, 2014, 02:41:11 PM »
I quite agree Coco. One of the next questions we need to put to government is "why should private limited companies be less regulated in their use of cctv than proper enforcement authorities?"
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #22 on: 21 June, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »

Er no, DD. There are many local authorities that belong to the BPA and, in many cases, local authority is undertaken by private parking companies. This ban is going to hit them very hard indeed.

Furthermore, I predict that it won't be very long before we see more restrictions to control the activities of the private companies in the parking on private land activity.

OK, fair enough. In that case I can think of a way Councils can save some money - leave the BPA so the membership fees aren't payable.

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #23 on: 21 June, 2014, 06:30:21 PM »
Yup, that would do it  ;D

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #24 on: 21 June, 2014, 06:48:57 PM »
Yikes! Don't do that. The BPA are virtually suicidal about now,

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/News/government-proposal-to-ban-cctv-at-odds-with-ministers-endorsement

The poor bastards didn't even see it coming apparently.

Kelvin Reynolds, "The Government has sprung this amendment on everyone with little notice :rotfl: and without publishing either an analysis of the consultation responses or the Government view. The proposed approach is heavy handed by a Government which is seeking to deregulate. (Dear Pot, Kind Regards, Kettle) Ironically, it is using the Deregulation Bill to impose further regulation on local government".

Not so much a Monday Musing, more a Saturday Shafting.     
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

EDW2000

« Reply #25 on: 21 June, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »
……………...what are they gonna try next?

Going and f :o cking themselves would be my best guess. Fantastic news that guys and gals. A really important wea$el revenue stream is about to be cut off.I'll bet the BPA Ltd are positively ecstatic that standards are about to be raised in the parking industry. If Choccy wants to come along to our next bash, I'll be more than happy to buy him a pint. (it has to pass through Killswitch first)

let's wait for the amended regs.

Offline scalyback

• Follower
« Reply #26 on: 21 June, 2014, 09:48:37 PM »
We regret to announce to parking companies on platform 1, that the gravy train to Honeypot Lane has been cancelled, and the service withdrawn indefinitely

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:!

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #27 on: 25 June, 2014, 09:54:12 AM »
There's a piece in the Newham local paper about this issue - BPA have wheeled out another spokeswea$el, Kelvin Reynolds, and the BDA put someone else up - to give the 'for' and 'against' arguments for banning $cars.
There's also a Poll, which (when I looked earlier this morning) was split 50/50.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #28 on: 25 June, 2014, 10:43:25 AM »
Well spotted Dick. Some more sensible people have voted since you spotted that and we now have (at time of posting) a 83 - 17 split in favour of lopping them all off with a disc cutter and shoving them all up [insert the name of your favourite parking wea$el here]'s a :o sehole. Still too close to call.

:pmsl:

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/features/big_debate_should_robot_cameras_stop_issuing_parking_fines_to_motorists_1_3650706
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #29 on: 25 June, 2014, 09:32:38 PM »
Now 94 to 6  :D
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player