Author Topic: Hackney Surveillance..  (Read 21255 times)

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Hackney Surveillance..
« Reply #30 on: 13 May, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »
Well, over a week now since my first email about the untaxed van and no response whatsoever from Hackney  >:( so thought I'd send another nudge, this time to their complaints department, a copy of which is below:

Dear Sir/Madam,
It's now been over a week (May 4th) since I emailed the Council about my concerns over a mobile CCTV van not displaying a valid road fund licence disc (or was it not taxed?) and it's repeated parking in Islington bays whilst enforcing in Boleyn Road N16, despite the Hackney bays being free. I have sent emails to "[email:2t3rnwul]info@hackney.gov.uk[/email:2t3rnwul]" and also to "[email:2t3rnwul]cctv.leader@hackney.gov.uk[/email:2t3rnwul]" but have received nothing in reply. I do not know whether this is simply bad customer service or simply rude, however a simple acknowledgement that the complaint was being looked into would suffice. I attach the previous email and photographs for your perusal in case they have been "misplaced". I understand from your website that you endeavour to acknowledge complaints within three working days and answer them within fifteen days. I do hope this is the case and I await your full response to my questions with interest,
Yours faithfully,

Boyo

I think Hackney are definitely trying to give Wastemonster a run for their money in the "arrogance and ignorance" department. :bashy:
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #31 on: 13 May, 2011, 11:19:42 AM »
Yep still no reply from them either over here.....and Islington too W:T:F: W:T:F:
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #32 on: 13 May, 2011, 11:35:19 AM »
What winds me up is, why all this secrecy and stonewalling to keep things from the very folk they are meant to be serving?
Anybody would think that they had something to hide?  :-X

I've got a few more "iron's in the fire" to try - re a resident who apparently has photos of the Hackney scam van parked in his dedicated Islington disabled bay - hopefully in tandem with the local rag, and I've not looked into the whole certification of equipment angle yet either (Any ideas from looking at the photos Nigel? ;) ) but I'm beginning to think a $chunt operation in Hackney is imminent. :-ev-:
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Nigel W

« Reply #33 on: 13 May, 2011, 01:49:42 PM »
Still no response to my FOI Request from Hackney either. I originally sent this to foi@hackney.gov.uk it was not returned so the email address exists.

When I enquired by telephone why they had not responded they replied that I had sent it to the wrong email address. I put it in again on the 5th of May and asked them to turn it round asap. They responded that they usually responded within the 20 days (working).

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #34 on: 13 May, 2011, 05:30:39 PM »
Nice article in this week's Hackney Gazette:
Sorry folks, I was hoping to have the articles available to click on, but in a moment of extreme clanger-ism seem to have uploaded them as pdfs. W:T:F: Not sure how I did that. I"ll try and reload it later! Sorry, I almost know what I'm doing. . .  :schucks:
« Last Edit: 13 May, 2011, 05:37:57 PM by Boyo »

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #35 on: 13 May, 2011, 05:34:38 PM »
Good article mate. I think Emma B the reporter needs to ask both Councils why the are so reluctant to answer my FOIs then as their time expired today :-ev-:

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #36 on: 13 May, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »
Sent to both Council`s via FOI this PM

[font=Tahoma:5b1tnfva]

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #37 on: 16 May, 2011, 10:53:57 PM »
Nice one BH :aplude:
Well, I nearly fell over this morning when I opened my email as I finally got a reply from Hackney today - albeit just an acknowledgement. It was in response to an email (the 4th one I believe) I sent to [email:x8zlctmd]complaints@hackney.gov.uk[/email:x8zlctmd]. I'll post a copy of it below - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read it. Interesting to note that the response comes from the "Business Analysis and Complaints" Department and the man who's been charged with the onerous task of answering my questions is "Head of Parking and Markets"! I don't know whether they mean "markets" as in barrow boys and stalls etc. or "markets" as in "place to exploit commerce and make money". Quite a useful coincidence that. Anyway, he 's been asked to "provide a full response by June 7th", so I'm not holding my breath. I will let you know what happens next. Here's this morning's missive:
[font=arial:x8zlctmd][/font:x8zlctmd]
[font=arial:x8zlctmd]LBH73950-11 - Your complaint[/font:x8zlctmd][/b]
[font=arial:x8zlctmd]Thank you for your complaint.[/font:x8zlctmd][font=arial:x8zlctmd]I am sorry that you are unhappy with the service you have received from Hackney Council.[/font:x8zlctmd]
[font=arial:x8zlctmd]I have forwarded your comments to Seamus Adams Head of Parking and Markets, who has been asked to provide you with a full response by[/font:x8zlctmd][font=arial:x8zlctmd]07 June 2011[/font:x8zlctmd][font=arial:x8zlctmd].[/font:x8zlctmd]
[font=arial:x8zlctmd]Yours sincerely[/font:x8zlctmd]
[font=times new roman:x8zlctmd]Abdul Basit[/font:x8zlctmd]
[font=arial:x8zlctmd]Business Analysis &[/font:x8zlctmd][font=arial:x8zlctmd]Complaints[/font:x8zlctmd]
[font=arial:x8zlctmd]Performance, Policy &[/font:x8zlctmd][font=arial:x8zlctmd]Delivery[/font:x8zlctmd]
[font=arial:x8zlctmd]London[/font:x8zlctmd][font=arial:x8zlctmd] Borough of Hackney[/font:x8zlctmd]

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #38 on: 16 May, 2011, 11:11:26 PM »
Well I don't want to burst you're balloon Boyo but Seamus Adams is an anagram of  [/font:tozmk6no]
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #39 on: 16 May, 2011, 11:25:30 PM »
:pmsl: :pmsl: :aplude: :aplude: Nice one Pat that's brilliant but I've told you before about watching too much Countdown - no good can come of it.
However I think that's a pretty good maxim to use when dealing with any councils - "Assume as mad!" :rotfl: :pmsl:

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #40 on: 17 May, 2011, 12:02:10 AM »
No good can come of it!  Are you mad Boyo....I mean what about....Carol Voderman [/b] dr00L

I rest my case M,Laud.  :-*
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #41 on: 17 May, 2011, 10:26:04 AM »
This one looks like it could run and run. Keep us updated Boyo, but for some reason I'm thinking a No To FlashMob might get their attention.

Bald Eagle is plotting... :-ev-:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: 17 May, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »
Nice to see us exposing more dirt/truth, well done Boyo  :aplude: :aplude:
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #43 on: 17 May, 2011, 08:51:03 PM »
Passed by Boleyn Rd today and, lo and behold, the scamvan was there but this time on the correct (Hackney) side of the road. Unfortunately, as you can see from the driver's point of view shot I took below, this makes the No Entry signs completely invisible to passing traffic until it's probably too late - in fact, it could probably cause an accident if you'd just noticed the signs and then braked heavily to avoid committing any offence. Hardly a safe junction methinks.  :bashy:
Also, how high is that camera?! W:T:F: I think air traffic control should have to be informed before they deploy that puppy!
Interesting to note also, was that throughout this deployment the diesel racket of the van's engine was loudly shaking and rattling. It's bad enough when little iQ's leave their engines idling but this is an (at least) 2.0litre diesel motor that's constantly chugging away. Emissions anyone?  :o I feel another FOI coming on.
There's something deeply unsatisfactory about the set up at this junction :bashy: .
I had a text from Emma B at the Hackney Gazette the other day and she made a very good point about the road markings on this junction (or lack/impropriety of them). For example, there are centre lines painted down the middle of the spur from Kingsland Rd, which would surely suggest that the road is two-way. ??? Also, there are no forward warning signs indicating that you can't turn into the road on the approach roads. Does anybody have any more input on the legality of this? I've tried to look at the Traffic Signs manual and will continue to do so, but any input will be greatly received, particularly as Emma wants to do a follow-up article in the Gazette asap.
One bit of good news today tho was, even tho we are not officially assisting at this junction, I had a driver ask me about the junction today as he was trying to get onto Kingsland Rd from Boleyn. So, in earshot of the scamvan, I was pleased to be able to put him in the right direction thus avoiding a nasty surprise in the post - he was very grateful! :aplude: 

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #44 on: 17 May, 2011, 08:59:19 PM »
Nice :rotfl: :rotfl:

Odd how with all of our FOIs they decide to park there all of a sudden W:T:F: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

I have asked Hackney for the TMO for this restriction but they are acting as dumb and dumber W:T:F: This said, if I have time in AM I will try to take some pictures of the spot as I think we maybe causing a stir now mate :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-:

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player