Author Topic: Westminster still not enforcing moving traffic violations.  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
Westminster still not enforcing moving traffic violations.
« on: 21 February, 2011, 11:02:36 PM »
Passed by St Martins Lane tonight approx 21:30 and spoke to the limo drivers who are there every night. Big,big big thank you from them to all schunters for a job well done. Scamera not seen enforcing no right turn since 2nd Feb. Seen only briefly on two occaisons trying to enforce parking. I wonder how long WCC is going to deny us our $CHUNTING? We want to help WCC, sort out your signs WCC we need our fix. All those scameras going to waste, when they could have the pleasure of our company keeping the streets of Westminster safer. If it goes on much longer I reckon we will have to complain to the Prime Minister that WCC is preventing us from doing our bit for his big society and that WCC have said they dont want our help. LOL
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
Re: Westminster still not enforcing moving traffic violations.
« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2011, 11:30:19 PM »
I miss being there on a Friday night  :(........ :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-:

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 22 February, 2011, 12:10:49 AM »
I wonder if the level of accidents within Westminster whilst the scars have been grounded has gone up, it must of.

Remember these are operated in the name of safety, so without them anyone who travels within Westminster are at an increased risk of injury from a motor vehicle....at what price.

FPW any ideas.
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 22 February, 2011, 01:31:11 AM »
Quote from: "peperami gsxr"
Remember these are operated in the name of safety, so without them anyone who travels within Westminster are at an increased risk of injury from a motor vehicle....at what price. FPW any ideas.

To give you an idea of how serious this is here is a quote from Chapter 1 - 1.1 of the Road Traffic Signs Manual that has the force of law behind it.

This is effectively rule number ONE and everything that follows in the manual flows from this. Please note the emphasis on SAFETY.

1.1 Clear and efficient signing is an essential part of highway and traffic engineering and a road with poor signing or with badly maintained signs is an unsatisfactory road. Road users depend on signing for information and guidance; highway authorities depend on signing for the efficient working and the enforcement of traffic regulations, for traffic control, and as an aid to road safety. Signing includes not only signs on posts but also carriageway markings, beacon, studs, bollards, traffic signals and other devices.

:-ev-:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 22 February, 2011, 10:35:14 AM »
I can just see the highways mangers and their staff going over all the signs with the manual in hand looking like this ...

W:T:F:

:pmsl:
« Last Edit: 22 February, 2011, 10:39:31 AM by rs2k »

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 22 February, 2011, 11:04:05 AM »
Quote from:

Belplasca
Private Schunter

Re: Some more good news
« Reply #9 on: Today at 09:44:55 AM »Quote Modify Remove Split Topic Hmm.

Since the decriminalisation of certain Moving Trafic Offeces, local Councils have had a DUTY to ensure compliance. As we all know, the Minister of State issued a guideline that the objective should be 100% compliance without penalties.

In Westminster, until the recent suspension, WCC's method of enforcement involved huge numbers of PCNs. Since the suspension, it would appear that there has been NO enforcement.

Now, I don't know if anyone can point me to evidence to the contrary, but I haven't heard that there has been a huge increase in KSI accidents or of congestion in Westminster...

So, what is going on? TMOs should only put in place to improve traffic flow or for safety reasons. Either the road users are now complying with the TMOs without WCC's brand of "enforcement" or the TMO's that were being breached before, resulting in such large numbers of postal PCNs, are not actually necessary.

Now under the terms of the original law that decriminalised this category of moving traffic offence, the local council is REQUIRED to enforce the law in respect of these offences. Failure to do so is provided for with a REQUIREMENT for the Minister of State to step in and appoint a Traffic Manager who CAN do the job.

Now, it seems to me that WCC have admitted that they are unable to do their duty. Should we all be writing to our MPs urging tem to request that the Minister of State step in and take over the role from WCC?

Bob
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: 23 February, 2011, 06:17:47 PM »
The 2nd day in a row seen at Saville Row. A trend perhaps now?

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/mrmojo1966/view/8800339
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #7 on: 23 February, 2011, 08:39:43 PM »
Interesting! That's 10 TWP - one of the older IQs.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 23 February, 2011, 11:15:42 PM »
Very interesting that it's parked right next to a CCTV post - is the CCTV not working?

Offline crabby

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 26 February, 2011, 05:24:40 PM »
@dick,  seem to remember a while ago that there were some issues here with fixed camera.   ;D

anyone been assisting here this week?
loud exhausts save lives!!!!
    burn in hell wastemonster.....

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player