Author Topic: EDF Aaagh  (Read 1852 times)

Offline BGB

• Follower
EDF Aaagh
« on: 08 July, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »
Last year EDF installed a new meter in my home.

However, they forgot to turn on the economy 7 timer so despite being on Economy 7, all my usage is charged at the more expensive day rate.

When I rang to complain I specifically required EDF NOT to take automatically take a direct debit payment as the bill was incorrect.  They agreed that they would not take payment but did so anyway against my specific instructions.

I told EDF that I did want them accessing my bank account anymore.  They removed my bank details.  They then sent me a letter saying that the non direct debit charge works out about £100 per quarter.  So EDF want to charge me £400 for the privilege of not having them unlawfully take money from my bank account.

I have made a Subject Access Request to EDF.  They have now asked for documentary evidence of my name and address.  If they don't know my name, how do they access my bank account?  And as for my address, where have they been supplying electricity for the last 20 years?  Still I can send them a copy of my electricity bill to prove my address!

:bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: EDF Aaagh
« Reply #1 on: 09 July, 2014, 05:13:24 PM »
I left EDF recently because of their rubbish service. :bashy:

Previous to that I had been with British Gas for years, but I eventually left them too because of their rubbish service. :bashy:

I am currently with First Utility. I'm not holding my breath.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #2 on: 09 July, 2014, 07:23:21 PM »
I use to look forward to my Monday Musing. ParkingCowboys pointed out on Twitter last week that it was a day late even though the BPA Ltd neglected to rename it the Tuesday Tall Tale. This week it only went live today and should have been named the Wednesday Waffle, but wasn't. From now on I'll be checking the IPC website hoping that they know what f :o cking day of the week it is.

>:(
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 09 July, 2014, 11:32:38 PM »
I'm with Scottish Power and I've found them pretty good - I shop around for energy prices every year, and when I call them to tell them I'm leaving due to finding a lower price they match that price.

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2014, 12:06:20 PM »
I'm with First Utility as well, they've been ok in the time I've been with them, well over a year so far.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice