Author Topic: arking Fines - Certain its a scam but how to prove it!  (Read 3587 times)

Offline hannah2809

• Follower
arking Fines - Certain its a scam but how to prove it!
« on: 25 March, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »
Over the last 3 days, i have received 3 Notice to Owner to my horror, each one requesting £130 payment.

These letters were the first i had known about any outstanding fines on my vehicle.

The time, date and location are for 3 individual days when my husband went to make a speedy UPS drop off at a local store, he parked without displaying a ticket each time at the same location, taking no more than 3 minutes at most.

Now, i understand he was parked unlawfully, and therefore is subject to a fine, however, on day 1 , there was no ticket on the car. Having not received a ticket for his quick drop off, he subsequently went back the next day and another day after that. Each time, no ticket on the car.

So, now is the part that i am mad about.

I looked at the Hammersmith and Fulham parking images, and each day shows a ticket on the car! I am positive that the attendants (two individuals) are placing a ticket on the vehicle, quickly picturing it, taking it off and then driving away! Why would they do that? Well, to ensure that you pay the higher fine of £130 and assume it is ok to park there again so they can catch you repeatedly.

There is no way in hell that a by passer would coincidentally remove a ticket off the car on 3 days at 3 different times.

If my husband had got a ticket on day one, he would have paid it off immediately and never returned to repeat the same mistake.

I refuse to be scammed and won't pay, i need to prove that the attendants are acting unlawfully. They work on mopeds so it will be a mission to catch them in the act unless i leave my car at risk again of another fine to catch them on film.

Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
Re: arking Fines - Certain its a scam but how to prove it!
« Reply #1 on: 25 March, 2015, 05:24:18 PM »
Hi hannah2809,  Welcome to our forums! In order to avoid confusion I have locked this topic thread and left the one on the General board open - you are more likely to get responses there rather than here on the council specific board.