Author Topic: Aberavon - one rule for them...  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Aberavon - one rule for them...
« on: 30 July, 2014, 04:12:13 PM »
'Alright for some' claims as council van parks on pavement at Aberavon days after visitors are fined for doing the same

A COUNCIL van has been spotted parked on pavement in Aberavon — just days after wardens were issuing tickets to beach-goers doing the same thing.

Dean Campisi sent this picture to the Evening Post, showing the Neath Port Talbot Council vehicle parked on the pavement, next to the car park opposite Cafe Remo's, on Saturday afternoon. Mr Campisi said: "Seems okay for them to illegally park to give tickets out."

Last week, during the hottest day of the year on Wednesday, visitors to the seaside resort and traders passing by said they were infuriated by the sight of two traffic wardens in the area.

Mums said they'd had no choice but to park on the pavements, due to a lack of official spaces. The news launched a fierce debate on the Evening Post website and Facebook page.

Linda Nichols said: "Myself and my daughter and grandchildren went to the beach on Thursday and someone parked their car on the pavement side ways with a mobility car, we had to squeeze past, but if we had a pram would have had to walk on the road. Then (you) put yourself and child in danger. There's plenty of parking areas down there, use them."

But Paula Jane Stanaway said: "The waste ground in front of that end of the beach should be a car park, it's not like it's not needed.

"I disagree with Kirsty Young, (if you) park in the streets and taking up someone else's parking spot.....I know how it winds me up when I get home and I can't park in front of my own house."

Talking about the council vehicle, a spokesman for the authority said there were dispensations for council vehicles.

He added: "Traffic regulation orders often contain exemptions to permit particular operations to take place effectively."

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Council-van-parks-pavement-Aberavon-days-visitors/story-21965332-detail/story.html

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
Re: Aberavon - one rule for them...
« Reply #1 on: 30 July, 2014, 05:14:33 PM »
a spokesman for the authority said there were dispensations for council vehicles.

He added: "Traffic regulation orders often contain exemptions to permit particular operations to take place effectively."

So, he didn't actually say there were any dispensations for the depicted offence...

And, of course, he didn't try to explain why, if it was so unsafe for a member of the public to do it that it warranted a swingeing fine, it was perfectly safe for the council's vehicle to park there...

Still, they have to milk tho motorists somehow, don't they???

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Aberavon - one rule for them...
« Reply #2 on: 30 July, 2014, 06:00:08 PM »
Harrow Council runs a monthly competition for it's staff. It's called the "Parking as selfishly as possible whilst being less than 20ft from a perfectly lawful parking space award." The winner gets to spend a day in the Council's ivory tower gazing condescendingly down upon the local serfs going about their daily business.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player