Author Topic: Medway $hunt 23rd feb  (Read 2691 times)

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Medway $hunt 23rd feb
« on: 23 February, 2011, 11:18:13 PM »
Me Peperami and Chalkey arrived aroung 1015am after riding down from the WMBC,to be welcomed by the hugest bacon butty ever I mean half a pig in a french stick just awsome :aplude:
BE was talking the jurno and then we had some photo's takenby the press guy all good and looking forward to seeing the news article later :-ev-:
various tactics were then deployed as this is not secure I can't say what we did or didn't do, surfice to say they scars did not move all day W:T:F: :( ;D :( ;D sad that we couldn't do our job of assisting but pleased we saved the medway public loads of money :aplude: :aplude: :rotfl: :rotfl:
for me the highlight was when myself and MG crept in the yard of the pig pen keeping close along the wall like a team from call of duty/speacial ops in full day glow yellow water proofs and  high vis take some pictires of the cars parked upped hidden between other trucks,and think we've been captured by the siuted and booted office personsages,like naughty little children and red faced realise that they are not council but a private company staff who stated they support what we are doing  :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
thanks to MG for tea and use of the loo your a star
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
Re: Medway $hunt 23rd feb
« Reply #1 on: 23 February, 2011, 11:49:59 PM »
Hi guys,  :D
Well definitely didn't use any petrol today  ;D, its shame really as i didn't get my fix, but great that the $cars stayed in the pen,  :dancing: ......Just after we arrived I noticed the driver sitting in his car, I went over to talk to him, but as usual he refused to talk to me. Had a little chat with Sam the journalist (nice chap).... not really much else to tell...went up to TS tonight and couldn't help but check Saville  Row and the pig pen.  ;D... see photos on Westminster thread..... ;D

Thank you for your support:   BE :aplude: Pepperami  :aplude: XrjDave :aplude: HLCabbie :aplude: Blinky  :aplude: Jonesy :aplude: Tomster :aplude: Chalky  :aplude:
.......MG  ;D

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 23 February, 2011, 11:53:32 PM »
Just some more pics  ;D

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 24 February, 2011, 01:20:01 AM »
It was pissing down and not a nice journey on the motorway on the way down, but what kept me going was the thought of that bacon bagel when I got to MG's gaff.

When I got there it was more than worth the suffering. No bagels available at the bakery apparently, so had to suffer half a french stick :o with half a pig jammed into it. :o :o

Made the whole journey worthwhile. Thanks MG. As usual you done us proud. :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

I think a whip round to cover your costs might be in order.

Can't wait to see what Sam writes about us and what Medway Council have to say about their behaviour (or in this case lack of it ;)).
« Last Edit: 25 February, 2011, 08:39:15 AM by The Bald Eagle »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline chalky

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 24 February, 2011, 04:56:21 AM »
A big thanks MG for the use of your home and of course your culinary skills. The thought of reaching "The Holy Grail" of a huge bacon baguette, is what kept me going through the driving rain!
Sad that the Medway Council made the decision that the cars would not be operating the day they had ample "David Cameron's Big Society" citizens on hand, (also a journo), to give free assistance to the stated aim of "public safety". I trust that means that this service is now can be deemed, "surplus to requirements" and will be highlighted as one that can/should be be axed before frontline services in the next round of cut backs?
I also agree with BE, we should at the very least reimburce your costs for the hospitality.  :aplude:

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 24 February, 2011, 07:23:06 PM »
Forgot to put out a big thank you to Tomster  :aplude: :aplude:, who had the bacon rolls covered this week, and theres no need to contribute, theres plenty of pigs in Kent   :rotfl:

Thanks anyway guys, but we didn't use any petrol (which is becoming very common when your down here ;D) so no worries.. we are more than happy to feed a fellow $chunter  ;D and always will be........
« Last Edit: 24 February, 2011, 07:24:38 PM by Monkey Girl »