Author Topic: Basildon  (Read 8096 times)

Offline Esinem

• Follower
Basildon
« on: 24 February, 2011, 02:40:39 AM »
Looks like they need some assistance: http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/8833990.print/
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline chalky

• Follower
Re: Basildon
« Reply #1 on: 24 February, 2011, 03:44:29 AM »
WARNING, WARNING, HYPOCRYSY ALERT!!!!!!![/move:2ffsn7pb]

“Stopping or parking illegally, no matter what the circumstances, is a risk and can cause a danger or obstruction.”

So, wht is it ok for the Scamera cars to do likewise then?

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 24 February, 2011, 07:52:48 AM »
Quote from: "chalky"
WARNING, WARNING, HYPOCRYSY ALERT!!!!!!![/move:sj43weog]

“Stopping or parking illegally, no matter what the circumstances, is a risk and can cause a danger or obstruction.”

So, wht is it ok for the Scamera cars to do likewise then?
Tsk! Didn't you know that they are magic and don't cause any hazard or obstruction?!
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 24 February, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »
Wouldnt causing a danger to the public be a criminal offence as opposed to a money grabbing civil offence, With those words ringing in his ears shouldn't the $camera crews be arrested
That bloke wants to engage his brain before opening that big fat stupid gob

....Just a thought

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #4 on: 24 February, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
Quote from: "Staps"
Wouldnt causing a danger to the public be a criminal offence

As far as I know, parking dangerously (e.g. parking too close to a corner) is still a criminal offence. If the council are enforcing a TMO that says parking in a certain spot is dangerous and therefore needs to be enforced as it is a potential danger to the public, then why are the $cars any less dangerous?

Something worth looking at perhaps?

Then again, maybe we should ask a policeman. ;) 
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Nigel W

The Beast of Basildon
« Reply #5 on: 04 May, 2011, 06:32:17 PM »
Does anyone have a picture of "The Beast of Basildon?" I understand that this is the nickname for their MEVs. if so please post it.

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 04 May, 2011, 07:58:20 PM »
Quote from: "Nigel W"
Does anyone have a picture of "The Beast of Basildon?" I understand that this is the nickname for their MEVs. if so please post it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/essex/hi/people_and_places/newsid_9341000/9341208.stm

From BBC site, not certain it is the 'actual' car thoguh  :schucks:

Hmmm, according to NOTW its right   http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/news/734144/It-can-prey-on-54-motorists-a-day-and-is-so-savage-they-call-itthe-Basildon-Beast-CCTV-car.html

Nigel W

« Reply #7 on: 04 May, 2011, 08:31:03 PM »
Thanks for that. The problem with using photographs from News Items is that sometimes they use stock photographs of any MEV. I have seen pictures of MEVs in newspapers that are not used where the papers are printed.

The camera on the vehicle in the picture that you have posted is a Petards Hawk 2i. It has Automatic Number Plate Recognition (APNR) capability. It also has built in Infra Red Illumination.

This type of camera is certificated for use in Basildon.

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: 04 May, 2011, 08:33:17 PM »
One word.......Wow! 8)
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 04 May, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »
Tut, tut Nigel.

All these technicalities, whatever next?!

Anybody would think that LAs might actually HAVE to concern themselves with such nasty things. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And don't even MENTION the law! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #10 on: 04 May, 2011, 10:53:44 PM »
Quote....."The camera on the vehicle in the picture that you have posted is a Petards Hawk 2i. It has Automatic Number Plate Recognition (APNR) capability. It also has built in Infra Red Illumination.
This type of camera is certificated for use in Basildon."

That's what BE and me thought as well Nigel... :rotfl:

Seriously Nigel I'm bloody glad you're on our side mate. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: 
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline chalky

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 05 May, 2011, 12:09:23 PM »
Thanks for that. The problem with using photographs from News Items is that sometimes they use stock photographs of any MEV. I have seen pictures of MEVs in newspapers that are not used where the papers are printed.

The camera on the vehicle in the picture that you have posted is a Petards Hawk 2i. It has Automatic Number Plate Recognition (APNR) capability. It also has built in Infra Red Illumination.

Ah, but what was the year of manufacture and from which factory did it come from, eh? :pmsl:

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: 05 May, 2011, 01:05:33 PM »
@ Chalky, i dont think you will be waiting long for the answer to that 1, unless your asking Nigel under FOI rules that is  :rotfl:
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Nigel W

« Reply #13 on: 05 May, 2011, 04:05:04 PM »
FYI,
These cameras are assembled at Petards in Gatshead. They have been manufacturing them for about 5 years. The component parts are bought in. At least they are British company unlike the Wonwoo (Korean) and Bosch (German). These are the most common mast mounted cameras in use on MEVs. A recent addition is Ganz (American).

The Petards Cameras have two actual cameras in one housing. One mono (ANPR) and one colour for the snapshot. The IR Illuminator makes the third apparent lens visible on the front of the camera.

An interesting point regarding these cameras is that they are connected by means of a 12 way connector and cable that plugs into the rear of the camera. This lead and plug is exposed on MEVs. I cant for the life of me imagine who would want to unplug them.  Maybe the guy who put a paper bag over a Wonwoo would have done.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #14 on: 05 May, 2011, 06:49:46 PM »
Quote from: "chalky"

Ah, but what was the year of manufacture and from which factory did it come from, eh? :pmsl:

You did ask. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU