Author Topic: Glasgow - bus lane camera issuing £42k of tickets PER DAY  (Read 11102 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Glasgow - bus lane camera issuing £42k of tickets PER DAY
« Reply #15 on: 25 March, 2015, 10:24:18 PM »
In the top story, the Council spokesbawbag trotted out the usual parking industry rubbish that the majority of drivers don't receive fines. Let us nod our heads for a moment, as though we are gullible, and pretend that upwards of 140 hits per day (Dec '14 Nelson Mandela Place) is a very small figure. How the f :o king f :o k would naughty drivers (tsk tsk) be over ten times naughtier in one place than they would in another? How exactly does this work?

The other thing that gets me is the Google car. I did look where BE said and what I like to do is to push forward to see if the google car got nabbed. Quelle surprise! The google car was nabbed at both locations as he was at Medway along with all the other, ahem, 'well signposted restrictions'. Are we to believe that Google employees are reckless lunatics?

Most people DO come into contact with revenue driven enforcement but parking weasels* would have you believe otherwise.

parking bawbags for our scottish readers
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: Glasgow - bus lane camera issuing £42k of tickets PER DAY
« Reply #16 on: 25 March, 2015, 11:08:50 PM »
I've found the answer - TMA 2004 only applies to England and Wales.

The Scots are still using the Road Traffic (Scotland) Act 1991, ammended by two SSIs to approve the Cameras etc.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player