Author Topic: Haringey  (Read 13383 times)

Nigel W

Re: Haringey
« Reply #15 on: 20 May, 2011, 04:59:21 PM »
There is no contravention committed when approaching a junction in the right hand lane and then turning left or vice versa. There is a possible police matter of driving without due care and attention. This would only usually follow if there had been an accident as a result.

So far as the box junction goes I will post some useful information regarding this later.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Nigel W

Re: Haringey Box Junctions and Elsewhere.
« Reply #16 on: 20 May, 2011, 06:30:46 PM »
[align=center:262bki1f]The following comes from TSRGD 2002 Schedule 19[/align:262bki1f]

PART II SIGNIFICANCE OF BOX JUNCTION MARKINGS
Interpretation of Part II of Schedule.

Contains my emphasis

6.  In this Part of this Schedule—

(a)“box junction” means the area of carriageway marked with yellow cross-hatching at a junction between two or more roads on which there has been placed the road marking shown in diagram 1043 or 1044; and

(b)a reference (however expressed) to a vehicle which is stationary or stops within a box junction includes a vehicle which is stationary whilst part of it is within the box junction.

Prohibition conveyed by markings in diagram 1043 or 1044

7.—(1) Except when placed in the circumstances described in paragraph 8, the road markings shown in diagrams 1043 and 1044 shall each convey the prohibition that no person shall cause a vehicle to ENTER the box junction so that the vehicle has to stop within the box junction due to the presence of STATIONARY VEHICLES.

(2) The prohibition in sub-paragraph (1) does not apply to any person—

(a)who causes a vehicle to enter the box junction (other than a box junction at a roundabout) for the purpose of turning right; and

(b)stops it within the box junction for so long as it is prevented from completing the right turn by oncoming vehicles or other vehicles which are stationary whilst waiting to complete a right turn.

Prohibition conveyed when markings are placed in conjunction with signs in diagrams 615 and 811

8.  When the road marking shown in diagram 1043 or 1044 is placed in conjunction with the signs shown in diagrams 615 and 811 on an area of carriageway which is less than 4.5 metres wide at its narrowest point, the road marking shall convey the prohibition that no person shall cause a vehicle to enter the box junction so that the vehicle has to stop within the box junction due to the presence of oncoming vehicles or other stationary vehicles beyond the box junction.

My interpretation of this is: That it is not a contravention to stop in a box junction if you have entered it whilst the vehicle in front is moving. It follows that it is also not a requirement to not enter the box until your exit is clear.
« Last Edit: 20 May, 2011, 07:07:23 PM by Nigel W »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #17 on: 20 May, 2011, 11:36:48 PM »
Quote from: "Nigel W"
[align=center:37uxgbux]The following comes from TSRGD 2002 Schedule 19[/align:37uxgbux]
PART II SIGNIFICANCE OF BOX JUNCTION MARKINGS
Interpretation of Part II of Schedule.

Contains my emphasis

6.  In this Part of this Schedule—

(a)“box junction” means the area of carriageway marked with yellow cross-hatching at a junction between two or more roads on which there has been placed the road marking shown in diagram 1043 or 1044; and

(b)a reference (however expressed) to a vehicle which is stationary or stops within a box junction includes a vehicle which is stationary whilst part of it is within the box junction.

Prohibition conveyed by markings in diagram 1043 or 1044

7.—(1) Except when placed in the circumstances described in paragraph 8, the road markings shown in diagrams 1043 and 1044 shall each convey the prohibition that no person shall cause a vehicle to ENTER the box junction so that the vehicle has to stop within the box junction due to the presence of STATIONARY VEHICLES.

(2) The prohibition in sub-paragraph (1) does not apply to any person—

(a)who causes a vehicle to enter the box junction (other than a box junction at a roundabout) for the purpose of turning right; and

(b)stops it within the box junction for so long as it is prevented from completing the right turn by oncoming vehicles or other vehicles which are stationary whilst waiting to complete a right turn.

Prohibition conveyed when markings are placed in conjunction with signs in diagrams 615 and 811

8.  When the road marking shown in diagram 1043 or 1044 is placed in conjunction with the signs shown in diagrams 615 and 811 on an area of carriageway which is less than 4.5 metres wide at its narrowest point, the road marking shall convey the prohibition that no person shall cause a vehicle to enter the box junction so that the vehicle has to stop within the box junction due to the presence of oncoming vehicles or other stationary vehicles beyond the box junction.

My interpretation of this is: That it is not a contravention to stop in a box junction if you have entered it whilst the vehicle in front is moving. It follows that it is also not a requirement to not enter the box until your exit is clear.

Shouldn't this have its own thread?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Nigel W

« Reply #18 on: 21 May, 2011, 07:21:54 AM »
BE Now Posted on New thread

Offline whiteshadow1969

• Follower
« Reply #19 on: 26 May, 2011, 07:38:38 PM »
Just a update.

On tuesday 24/05/11.
Time:11.30 am

Haringey lorrys where out in force,
In a space of 30 mins all 6 lorrys left the pig pen with c.e.o and within about 2 hours coming back with cars and vans.
The only time i see all 6 of the lorrys leave is when spurs are playing at home!

I've also seen that the ceo are being droped off and picked up in un marked cars.

Today 26/05/11
Time: 1.30 pm

Just thought this will make you smile, ;D
I see i ceo walking along with no jacket on, soaked to the skin. :rotfl:

Any think else i keep you posted.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #20 on: 27 May, 2011, 12:15:24 AM »
Quote from: "whiteshadow1969"
Just a update.

On tuesday 24/05/11.
Time:11.30 am

Haringey lorrys where out in force,
In a space of 30 mins all 6 lorrys left the pig pen with c.e.o and within about 2 hours coming back with cars and vans.
The only time i see all 6 of the lorrys leave is when spurs are playing at home!

I've also seen that the ceo are being droped off and picked up in un marked cars.

Today 26/05/11
Time: 1.30 pm

Just thought this will make you smile, ;D
I see i ceo walking along with no jacket on, soaked to the skin. :rotfl:

Any think else i keep you posted.

This is good intel WS. It lets us know which particular scam is being operated at particular times.

Don't forget (Haringey council).

WE ARE WATCHING YOU
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #21 on: 27 May, 2011, 11:23:25 AM »
Earlier in the thread:

Nilgun Canver, cabinet member for neighbourhoods, said: “Most councils use these cars to help make sure local roads are kept as clear as possible so that traffic can move quickly in the borough.
“Illegally parked cars can also impede other drivers and pedestrians.

"We have two cars along with officers who patrol the borough on foot.

“Those cars also help to enforce offences such as illegal turns and driving the wrong way down one-way streets, which can only be enforced by CCTV camera.”

I wonder just how many PCNs have been issued for driving the wrong way down one-way streets???

And, how many KSI accidents have there been caused by driving the wrong way down one-way streets?

Because, if lots of drivers are safely driving the wrong way down one-way streets, should they be one-way streets?

Or is this whole reference just an unfounded comment to make out the CCTV enforcement is a good thing?

Same applies to the banned turns...

In my experience, very few drivers deliberately make dangerous turns or deliberately drive the wrong way down one-way streets.

But, if the signage is poor, and there is no obvious reason for a turn to be banned or a wide street to be one-way, then people will make a mistake. But, shouldn't the council be preventing the alledgedly dangerous occurrance by proper, clear signage rather than an effectively unmarked vehicle, badly parked, just taking CCTV footage?

(Which, of course, is the whole point of the NoTo Mob!)

When will councils learn what they are supposed to be doing?

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #22 on: 27 May, 2011, 12:31:28 PM »
Quote from: "Belplasca"
When will councils learn what they are supposed to be doing?

I think they will learn at about the same time as a whole load of heavy duty freezing equipment is installed in hell. :bashy:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline whiteshadow1969

• Follower
« Reply #23 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »
Just been to Haringey pig pen ;D

Took some photos at Haringey pig pen, 2 Q-cars and 1 smart car was in the pen.

Iv'e posted 3 photos up on Tweeter.

Still don't know how to get the photo's on here? any help please.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #24 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:54:34 PM »
I'd gladly help WS, but I'm not sure you'd want it. :pmsl:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #25 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »
Mmmm this new forum layout is doing my head in!!!!!!
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline whiteshadow1969

• Follower
« Reply #26 on: 06 July, 2011, 09:24:11 PM »
@B.H

Don't know how to post  photo's on here  :bashy:

My son showed me how to put them on Twitter :-[

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #27 on: 07 July, 2011, 12:23:58 AM »
Quote from: "whiteshadow1969"
@B.H

Don't know how to post  photo's on here  :bashy:

My son showed me how to put them on Twitter :-[
under the reply box press upload attachment and upload it there and it will add it to your post :)

Offline whiteshadow1969

• Follower
« Reply #28 on: 08 July, 2011, 01:57:05 PM »
Photos of Haringey pig pen.

Offline whiteshadow1969

• Follower
« Reply #29 on: 08 July, 2011, 01:59:50 PM »

Will be getting more photos over the weekend where the $camera cars are out and about.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player