Author Topic: Wolverhampton bus drivers fined for parking on bus stops  (Read 3047 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Wolverhampton bus drivers fined for parking on bus stops
« on: 23 October, 2014, 10:35:21 PM »
 W:T:F:

------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2805073/Fury-traffic-wardens-handing-tickets-city-centre-bus-drivers-parked-stops.html

Fury over traffic wardens handing out tickets to city centre bus drivers while they are parked up at stops

Buses being given £70 fines for parking at stops for two minutes
    Drivers say they have to park for a few minutes so they can swap over
    Say council is on a 'suicide mission' to drive people out of Wolverhampton
    Bus drivers feel they are being 'penalised' and targeted unfairly by wardens
    Council say bus drivers are abandoning buses at stop for long periods
    Meeting organised for drivers and wardens, with fines suspended until then

By Claire Carter For Mailonline

Published: 15:28, 23 October 2014 | Updated: 16:51, 23 October 2014

Bus drivers claim they are being unfairly targeted by traffic wardens who are handing out £70 on the spot fines while they are parked at bus stops.

Workers at National Express West Midlands said they feel Wolverhampton council is on a 'suicide mission' to drive everyone out of the city by penalising drivers for doing their jobs.

They report being given fines for stopping at designated bus stops for as little as two minutes - which drivers say is essential at some point in the day to enable them to switch drivers.

However the council said they had received a number of complaints about illegal parking and wardens said several drivers had been abandoning their buses for long periods.

National Express West Midlands workers say traffic wardens have started dishing out fines on an almost daily basis.

One driver, who has received a fine, said:  'I think there was six or seven of us ticketed in total.

'Some drivers were there for two or three minutes waiting for a change of driver when the traffic wardens gave them tickets.

'The wardens were telling us we had to move on, but that is always the place where we change drivers before the bus heads off to Dudley.

'It's crazy when you have cars driving through the taxi-only lane up Pipers Row while the roadworks are on.

'They don't get tickets, but we are getting penalised for doing our jobs.

'It is as if the council is on a suicide mission to drive everyone out of Wolverhampton.'

Wolverhampton City Council said wardens started ticketing buses in Lichfield Street after receiving complaints about illegal parking.

Town hall chiefs said no vehicle was allowed to stop in the street unless loading or unloading.

They confirmed two fines were given to bus drivers last Friday - but National Express claims the total figure is much higher.

A spokesperson for National Express added: 'Some number one buses that had been to Tettenhall were ticketed while they waited along Lichfield Street.

'Several tickets were given out. We know there have been issues there with cars parking in the bus lane which has led to congestion.'

Council parking wardens claim they were responding to complaints that drivers had been abandoning their buses for long periods of time for breaks.

A spokesperson for Wolverhampton City Council said: 'There have been issues about parking and congestion in Lichfield Street.

'A meeting has been organised for next week with all the interested parties to talk things through and hopefully agree a way forward.'

Wardens have been told to stop giving out fines until the meeting is held. 

Passengers on the Number 1 Wolverhampton-to-Dudley service gave mixed responses.

Rose Weston, 77, who travels each day to do her shopping, said: 'Where are the buses supposed to park? You can't put them in a multi-storey car park..

'They stop at the bus stop - that's why its called a bus stop.'

Ethel Perkins, 80, added: 'Rules are rules and exist to keep people safe.'

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Wolverhampton bus drivers fined for parking on bus stops
« Reply #1 on: 24 October, 2014, 10:17:26 AM »
It's high time the Council cracked down on this anarchic behaviour. A little further up the road a selfish Taxi driver has abandoned his vehicle in a Taxi rank of all places,

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.5863241,-2.1273549,3a,75y,209.26h,76.49t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sZhUoeNy-FrbuHAmbJJEjfw!2e0!6m1!1e1

In other news, scientists are concerned with the large hole in the ozone layer above Haywards Heath.
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 24 October, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »
 :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #3 on: 24 October, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »
Prepare your ribs. Check out that very publication over at the Bullshit Purveyors Association web of deceit, page 3, final sentence,

"The BPA has been leading many of these discussions for some time and acts as an honest broker between the media, government, stakeholders and it's members."

Honest broker. LOL

<Donald>

Call me shallow but I'll read anything that has tits on page 3
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 25 October, 2014, 11:39:45 AM »
From the same article by Mr Trouser Fire.

"Much depends on next year's general election, but it also depends on the attitude and state of mind of many of those who work in the profession and who will collectively determine which direction we take at the crossroads."

I suggest that unless they confess their sins and own up to all the wrongs heaped on motorists in the past, they should embark on the road to perdition.

perdition

noun:

(in Christian theology) a state of eternal punishment and damnation into which a sinful and unrepentant person passes after death.

synonyms:   damnation, eternal punishment; hell, hellfire, spiritual destruction, doom, ruin, ruination, condemnation, destruction, downfall

complete and utter ruin.
"she used her last banknote to buy herself a square meal before perdition"
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player