Author Topic: New Recruit/Aldi Stansted Scameras  (Read 3404 times)

Offline likaleica

• Follower
New Recruit/Aldi Stansted Scameras
« on: 31 October, 2014, 03:36:25 PM »
I'm another motorist sick to the back teeth of money making spy cameras on roads and in car parks so I'm glad to have found this organisation and website.
Back in May I moved out of London partly because driving and parking had been rendered an absolute misery by the spy camera brigade.I was forever receiving fines through the post for some minor infringement or other.
But here in Suffolk/Essex I am experiencing the same! I have a pending fine of £70 from an outfit called Parking Eye for staying beyond their 1.5 hour time limit in the Aldi car park in Sudbury - even though I had spent almost £90 in the store on that visit.  And today I took a friend to Stansted Airport to catch the National Express coach - and ended up having to drop him on a perimeter road within view of the dreaded mobile CCTV camera car. So I am expecting another penalty charge!  I followed all the signs for "Coach Station" and then they gave way to signs saying "Coaches"- but when I followed the final such sign,  it was for the entrance FOR COACHES to the coach station with a sign saying "Authorised vehicles only".  As my mate would have missed his one-a-day coach if we had tried to drive round the airport road again,  I had no option but to drop him off.
Does anyone have experience of challenging Parking Eye and do I have to pay their "fine" from this private car park or is it speculative?  And does the same go for the expected Stansted "fine"!
All guidance gratefully received

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: New Recruit/Aldi Stansted Scameras
« Reply #1 on: 31 October, 2014, 08:12:04 PM »
Welcome likaleica. There's very few places now to escape the money grabbing tentacles of the parking weasel, as you are painfully aware. The following blogsite will give you an encyclopaedic knowledge on how to deflect sPeCulative iNvoices.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk

More specifically, these excellent guides,

http://www.parking-prankster.com/court-claim.html

Although the guides are geared toward defence of court action, the legal principals are the same for a POPLA appeal. You will find that Pepipoo and MSE forums are far more experienced than us at assisting defences but we are still happy to help in any way we can. Whether you decide to self learn or to take some assistance, the appeals process is very long and drawn out. Two to three months is not unusual.

If you are the type of person who doesn't want to get too involved and wants it all over in a flash then try this,

http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk

You basically pay them £16, send them full details, and then it's no longer your problem.

<Welcome>
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline likaleica

• Follower
Re: New Recruit/Aldi Stansted Scameras
« Reply #2 on: 01 November, 2014, 01:38:21 PM »
Thanks Ewan that's fantastic. I see the Daily Mail online has a piece today about all this and it mentions Aldi!

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player