Author Topic: WCC declare Savile Row signs compliant. Enforcement recommenced!  (Read 5382 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: WCC declare Savile Row signs compliant. Enforcement recommenced!
« Reply #15 on: 04 March, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »
Thought you would be interested in the reply I got. Please note that they still won't tell us who at Westminster is tasking these cars to specific locations. 

And don't you just love the way that they hide behind the West One corporate veil, and no one at WCC is therefore accountable if it turns out the signs are wrong.

P.s How is it my name appears to get longer while his gets shorter. :rotfl: :rotfl:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To: kgoad@westminster.gov.uk
Subject: RE: Traffic signing at junctions
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 20:58:02 +0000

Dear Mr Goad

At Saville Row today, I was informed by an operator of one of Westminster City Council's (WCC's) CCTV camera cars that the unit was enforcing moving traffic violations at the compulsory left turn into Conduit Street.

In light of this latest development please confirm the following by return:

1. Have WCC completed their review of the signing at the Saville Row site?
1(a). If so, please provide the name of the public servant who confirmed that the signing is correct?
1(b). If so, please provide the name of the public servant who tasked the CCTV car to recommence enforcement at the Saville Row site?

2. Have WCC completed their review of signing at any other sites where CCTV enforcement may take place in the future (not just the eight I listed)?
2(a). If so, please provide the location of the site.
2(b). If so, please provide the name of the public servant who confirmed that the signing is correct at any named site?

I look forward to hearing from you as a matter of some urgency, as I believe there are serious public health issues involved here, that need the urgent attention of WCC.

Kindly confirm receipt of this email.

Yours sincerely

Steve xxxxx

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Steven,

In response to your specific points, the review of the locations was undertaken by our external traffic consultants West One. I'm not able to disclose the names of the officers concerned without their permission,  as they are not Westminster employees. The cars are not tasked to any one location, they  can enforce at any site across the City based on an assessment of the levels of compliance by on street civil enforcement officers.

Regards

K
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Tom Tom Str

• Follower
« Reply #16 on: 04 March, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »
Typical answer for sure from them !    Do we know though if the signage IS correct now- ourselves ?

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #17 on: 04 March, 2011, 01:43:46 PM »
Quote from: "Tom Tom Str"
Typical answer for sure from them !    Do we know though if the signage IS correct now- ourselves ?

BE has that well in hand and don't want to give too much away in public I think.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #18 on: 04 March, 2011, 03:42:52 PM »
;)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #19 on: 05 March, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »
Quote from: "Tom Tom Str"
I Got 1 2 !

I got that one as well, only just seen it though, it was in my Junk folder.....see, even my computer hates WCC  :rotfl: :rotfl:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player