Author Topic: Poor redaction! A local council (Islington) to mourn the loss of revenue...  (Read 9127 times)

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
Stumbled upon this earlier!

http://www.raw2k.co.uk/cardetails.asp?ID=129151

Love the half hearted effort to redact the authorities name :D
Willing to do my bit...

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Oh dear! I honestly hope that there were no injuries to the operators, particularly because when I have $chunted the Islington $cars in the past, the collective attitude of the operators has been the most reasonable I have encountered.

It got me wondering how the Islington $car operators could be more magnanimous than their NSL Ltd counterparts in other boroughs, where we know that the operators are under pressure to hit their ticket quotas, failing which they won't get their overtime.

Then I got a reply to an FoI request I sent to Islington recently where all is revealed. ;D

I asked -

"Dear Islington Borough Council,

Please provide a breakdown of the ten locations that have produced the most Penalty Charge Notices issued by mobile cctv enforcement vehicles in your borough in the months September 2014 to November 2014 inclusive.

Please provide a breakdown of the ten locations that have produced the most Penalty Charge Notices issued by static CCTV cameras during the period September 2014 to November 2014 inclusive.

On each breakdown please break the figures down into the following categories:

(a) By month
(b) Location
(c) Number of PCNs issued for moving traffic contraventions
(d) Number of PCNs issued for parking contraventions

Yours faithfully,

The Bald Eagle"

---------------------------------------

This is what I got in reply in relation to the $cars -

------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Eagle.

Please find attached a spreadsheet containing the details you requested.

LOCATION   Top ten locations in September
ANNETTE ROAD N7        1
ASHBROOK GROVE N19   1
CALSHOT ROAD N1       51
CRAYFORD ROAD N7     1
EVERSHOT ROAD N4      9
HARGRAVE PARK N19    11
HERCULES STREET N7   14
LEONARD STREET EC1   1
MILDMAY ROAD N1        1
TOLLINGTON / REGINA   15

Total                                105

LOCATION   Top ten locations in October
ANNETTE ROAD N7        3
CALSHOT ROAD N1       27
CRAYFORD ROAD N7     3
EVERSHOT ROAD N4      14
HARGRAVE PARK N19    8
HERCULES STREET N7   8
LEONARD STREET EC1   13
MILDMAY ROAD N1        6
LAYCOCK STREET         9
TOLLINGTON / REGINA     4

TOTAL                              95

LOCATION   Top ten locations in November
ASHBROOK GROVE N19   2
CALSHOT ROAD N1       29
EVERSHOT ROAD N4      16
HARGRAVE PARK N19    5
HERCULES STREET N7   9
HERMIT STREET            28
LEONARD STREET EC1   2
MILDMAY ROAD N1         2
LAYCOCK STREET         4
TOLLINGTON / REGINA   10

TOTAL                          107

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If ever there was a stat that tells a story, this is it!

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
As an exercise I thought I would go onto Googlemaps to see where they issue the vast majority of their tickets.

Click on the link below and drop the little man at the junction of Calshot Street and Collier Street. Then look south along Calshot Street. What do you see? ;)

Perhaps Ewan could do one of his famous screen shots? <_>

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.532764,-0.117264,3a,75y,175.03h,81.01t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sZWtCWwbzygd9s7wEKfbjZg!2e0
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
So that is an open junction, a continuation of the road with two roads, both lesser with give ways and a pedestrian crossing directly on the junction, at which point the road becomes non-motorised vehicles (at least no cars or motorbikes) entering with only the two roundels to identify it!

No wonder it is a honeypot!

The $camra car is hiding well there isn't it!
Willing to do my bit...

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Here's a linky to the scene of the crime,

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.532591,-0.117235,3a,75y,9.52h,73.12t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s6-1oI8yew0lDBCfBXme30w!2e0

If any Islington (or should that be Waslington now that you're short of a money box?) wea$els are looking in, perhaps you could send us some in car footage of your, ahem, road safety skills. We promise not to take the piss. Not much anyway. Okay then, maybe a bit.  :rotfl:   <cash>
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Hmm, kerching! <cash> That is a proper honeypot there!  :o
I've had a little look on googlemaps and call me naive but I can see advanced warning signs for no left/right turn, 10 yards or so before the crossroads (ie, southbound on Collier Street, "No Right Turn" and on reciprocal arm above Calshot St, northbound on Collier Street, "No Left Turn") but shouldn't there be a repeat of these actually on the junction with Calshot Street at the point where you turn (or not)?  <_>
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
Ahem.

As much as I agree with you guys that this is indeed a honeypot, can I please draw your attention back to the total number of PCNs that Islington council's THREE $cars issue per month, i.e. they average only slightly over 100.

That means that each $car averages slightly over 1 PCN per day.

Bear in mind also that each $car always has two operators in it.

Not that I'm complaining of course, but I don't see it as much of a kerching moment when it is entirely clear from the figures that the $cars are being operated at a massive loss.

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
Well the no left turn in Collier St is on a low post and if even a high top transit was parked in the bay beside it you would have no advanced warning whatsoever so surely there is a need for the junction to be signed, possibly even a road painted straight or right arrow?
Willing to do my bit...

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Ahem.

As much as I agree with you guys that this is indeed a honeypot, can I please draw your attention back to the total number of PCNs that Islington council's THREE $cars issue per month, i.e. they average only slightly over 100.

That means that each $car averages slightly over 1 PCN per day.

Bear in mind also that each $car always has two operators in it.

Not that I'm complaining of course, but I don't see it as much of a kerching moment when it is entirely clear from the figures that the $cars are being operated at a massive loss.

Provided they are telling the truth BE. It seems a bit sus to me.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player