Author Topic: MP steps into fight over Whalley parking fines [charges]  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
MP steps into fight over Whalley parking fines [charges]
« on: 30 January, 2015, 05:09:04 PM »
MP steps into fight over Whalley parking fines [charges]

Controversial parking charges and fines at the Whalley Arms Car Park that are boosting private coffers has come under the spotlight.

Ribble Valley MP Nigel Evans this week met with borough councillors Terry Hill and Joyce Holgate MBE in Whalley to discuss the charges and fines that have been hitting motorists.

Mr Evans was made aware of the problem after both councillors received a number of complaints from residents of the high charges, fines and lack of flexibility at the village centre car park.

Speaking after the meeting Mr Evans said: “It is my intention to table an Early Day Motion on my return to Westminster on how privately run car parks can charge exorbitant fines that are totally out of step with the charges for use.

“Elsewhere in Ribble Valley there are local authority run car parks where fines are at a much more appropriate level and I see no reason why privately run car parks should be any different.

“This car park has been a problem for residents and visitors to Whalley for some time and it is absolutely necessary that the Government looks into the issue of high car park charges, as many motorists are paying high parking charges and sometimes being fined amounts that are not in keeping with the charges.”

http://www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.uk/news/campaigns/mp-steps-into-fight-over-whalley-parking-fines-1-7077650

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player