Author Topic: Urmston - Caught out - Traffic Warden snapped parking in a disabled bay  (Read 3080 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Can someone work out how to put up the photos please.

CLANGER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/news/11807611.Caught_out___Traffic_Warden_snapped_parking_in_a_disabled_bay/?ref=twtrec

Caught out - Traffic Warden snapped parking in a disabled bay

First published 10:32 Friday 20 February 2015 in News by Peter Devine

A TRAFFIC warden has infuriated drivers in Urmston after being caught on camera leaving his car in a disabled bay.

His actions came to light after a Flixton Road trader reported him to Trafford Council officials following complaints from customers.

The unnamed shopkeeper told The Messenger: "We have complaints from elderly and disabled people who use our shop, but couldn't park their cars because he was using one of just four spaces in the bay outside.

"We believe its morally wrong for him to use one of the disabled bays and then issue tickets to other motorists for doing what he is essentially doing in breaking the law, particularly, when there is huge free car park for hundreds of cars a few of hundred yards away.".

According to the shopkeeper, wardens had allegedly been parking there several times a week over the past few months, but when he approached this warden to move his car elsewhere, he refused.

"When I challenged him as to why he parked there, he responded: 'Because I can, that's why'."

A spokesman for Trafford Council said: "We understand that this complaint was made after a driver received a parking penalty issued by an officer who also stopped on a parking restriction to do so."

The local authority had not received any other complaints regarding officers preventing disabled drivers from parking in this location.

The spokesman added: "We have a traffic regulation order in place which exempts parking officers from normal parking restrictions while they are taking enforcement action. This allows our officers to carry out their duties in the most efficient way possible.

"We do ask all our officers to use their discretion when parking to enforce and to use alternative areas if they are available."

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Urmston - Caught out - Traffic Warden snapped parking in a disabled bay
« Reply #1 on: 20 February, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »
I'm sure we can manage that.         

I was also going to superimpose a condescending gaze onto the weasel's face in image 3 but then I realised that one was already there.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Urmston - Caught out - Traffic Warden snapped parking in a disabled bay
« Reply #2 on: 20 February, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »
Also the VRM is rather difficult to read in image one so I've cleaned it up a little.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player