Author Topic: WCC CCTV signs  (Read 2973 times)

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
WCC CCTV signs
« on: 06 March, 2011, 09:43:55 PM »
I was on the Knowledge today and guess what...Yep I was in Westminster :-ev-: :-ev-: I took a trip close to Poland Street and I thought..."Where are the CCTV Enforcement warning signs :idea: :idea:

Well I found one not much bigger than a postage stamp :dancing: :dancing:

"The code of practice issued by the information commissioner’s office states “You must let people know that they are in an area where CCTV surveillance is being carried out. The most effective way of doing this is by using prominently placed signs at the entrance to the CCTV zone and reinforcing this with further signs inside the area”.  It also states“Clear and prominent signs are particularly important where the cameras themselves are very discreet, or in locations where people might not expect to be under surveillance. As a general rule, signs should be more prominent and frequent where it would otherwise be less obvious to people that they are on CCTV”

I have seen specific written confirmation from the information commissioner’s office which confirms that “compliant signage is compulsory”  [a legal obligation].

Also at clause 8.79 of the statutory guidance issued under the 2004 TMA it states "The primary objective of any camera enforcement system is to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the road network by deterring motorists from breaking road traffic restrictions and detecting those that do. To do this, the system needs to be well publicised and indicated with lawful traffic signs”..............................Sigh..........................
« Last Edit: 06 March, 2011, 09:50:49 PM by BailiffHunter »
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Staps

• Follower
Re: WCC CCTV signs
« Reply #1 on: 06 March, 2011, 09:48:33 PM »
slimy or what, loooook we put up a sign so now we can rob you  >:(
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline chalky

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 06 March, 2011, 09:55:31 PM »
FFS, Could they have made that sign any smaller?

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 06 March, 2011, 09:57:17 PM »
Spot the camera!

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 06 March, 2011, 10:06:18 PM »
From www.penaltychargenotice.co.uk

Westminster have erected some CCTV enforcement signs at the entry points to some of its controlled parking zones. However these zones are split into sub zones and there are rarely signs at the entry points to their sub zones. Further more the signs that they have erected on the lamppost columns where the actual cameras are are quite illegible due to their size which is much smaller than that shown on the department of transport minimum sizes on camera signs. After a complaint by us the information commissioners office wrote to Westminster council on the 19th May 2009 stating:

"We would similarly advise you that you should review carefully the size of the relevant signs with a view to ensuring the signage in place is sufficiently prominent to be visible to members of the public parking their vehicles in areas where restrictions are enforced".

As at March 1st 2011 Westminster have not changed the signs. You will also notice above that in the statutory guidance the government tells all councils that clear signage must be installed.

Sigh...................................

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 12 March, 2011, 09:01:09 AM »
Maybe grounds to get all their pcns invalidated? Also isn't cctv only to be used when CEO enforceable is not possible or risky?
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline crabby

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 12 March, 2011, 12:34:31 PM »
every bit of digging seems to uncover more misdemeanour's?    :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-:
good work BH   :aplude:
loud exhausts save lives!!!!
    burn in hell wastemonster.....

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player