Author Topic: Councils barred from using CCTV spycars that fine motorists on "industrial scale  (Read 3445 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Eric Pickles: How a 'dreadful' experience with a traffic warden 'twisted my mind'

Eric Pickles reveals the real reason behind his drive to make parking 'fairer' for motorists

Eric Pickles, the local government secretary, said he became "obsessed" with changing Britain's parking laws after a "dreadful" experience with a traffic warden "made me a very bitter person and twisted my mind".

Under a raft of new driving laws which come into force later this month motorists will be given a 10 minute "grace period" which means they can avoid getting hit by fines when their parking tickets run out.

Councils will also be barred from using CCTV spy cars which are capable of fining motorists for parking offences on an "industrial scale".

Residents will also be given the right to challenge yellow lines on their roads if at least 10 per cent of residents are opposed to them.

Mr Pickles said that his campaign to improve parking laws had been driven by a "dreadful" experience he had in Shenfield, Essex.

As he went to buy a ticket "a very nice lady stopped me to ask me a couple of questions". He told BBC Radio 4's the World at One: "I had a ticket in my hand and by the time I actually got back to the car already there was a parking ticket on it. It made me a very bitter person and twisted my mind."

He said he wanted to stop local authorities from using parking fines to raise revenue. He said: "We always thought that was wrong, we said we would do something about it. I've now signed the appropriate order and a month from notw a better way of enforcing parking will be in place.

"I am an obsessive person, this is very true. It just seems to me that we asked local authorities to do this and they just ignored it. It is an utterly, reasonable thing to do. It is about localism, giving the power to the people. To motorists and local residents who now can petition and control the car parking in their area."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/11454783/Eric-Pickles-How-a-dreadful-experience-with-a-traffic-warden-twisted-my-mind.html

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
"Councils will also be barred from using CCTV spy cars which are capable of fining motorists for parking offences on an "industrial scale"."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With my self righteous hat firmly on I would like to quote someone famous whose words reflect exactly the stages we have encountered in our righteous struggle for justice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"First they ignore you.

Then they ridicule you.

Then they fight you.

Then you win."

WE WON!!!!!  PAAAAARRRRRRRRTTTAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! :party: <Woohooo> <Yes!> ;D <dancingbanana> <dancingbanana2> <cheers> <Kneelsuckers> <bigdancingbanana>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
The weasels have been bent over and royally stuffed. However the weasels will be at a low ebb at this time and I would like to appeal to all our members to please try to show a bit of restraint and to do your level best to brag responsibly. Try not to be like me and The Bald Eagle, we are weak and cannot help ourselves.

Weasels don’t wanna talk
About things we’ve gone through
We’re so full of glee
Now it’s history
The weasels played their cards
And that’s what we’ve done too
Nothing more too say
No more ace to play

The winner takes it all
The weasels standing small
Beside our victory
That’s their destiny

I was in the car park
Thinking I belonged there
I figured it made sense
Paying fifty pence
Locking up my car
Thinking I’d be safe there
But I was a fool
The weasels broke the rules

Weasels are filthy lice
Their minds as cold as ice
They ticketed my car
Now they’ve gone too far
The winner takes it all
The weasels have to fall
It’s simple and it’s plain
Why do they complain?

But tell me how does it feel
Knowing we’ve beaten you?
Does it feel the same
When you see our name?
Something else is true
We’re still watching you
But what can I say?
Rules must be obeyed

The House of Lords decide
The weasels must abide
Their tactics are on show
No more living low
The weasels bear the scars
No more $camera cars
The weasels now stand small
NoToMob takes it all

Now we wanna brag
And arrange our party
The weasels understand
We had the strongest hand
We don’t apologise
If the weasels feel bad
They’ve suffered a loss
But I don’t give a toss
Because I know
The winner takes it all.......
The winner takes it all.......

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
What more can we say except......  :party: <dancingbanana2> :party: <dancingbanana2> :party: <dancingbanana2> :party: <dancingbanana2> :party: <dancingbanana2> :party: <dancingbanana2> :party: <dancingbanana2> :party: <dancingbanana2>.  NoToMob marches on.   <Woohooo>
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline scalyback

• Follower
Unfairly ticketing a guy who was to become the local Government secretary.

Which other industry could score an own goal of that magnitude?

Offline scalyback

• Follower
Sorry had to add...

Does that put the pilfering parking industry in a bit of a Pickle?

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player