Author Topic: DCLG to oversee off street parking. Like now.  (Read 9382 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: DCLG to oversee off street parking. Like now.
« Reply #15 on: 16 March, 2015, 12:51:26 AM »
Or indeed c) Arrogant pricks who will never admit that it's all about the money.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Bazster

• Follower
« Reply #16 on: 16 March, 2015, 08:58:27 AM »
Well the Pickle man has set out his stall re private parking weasels:

http://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20150314/282059095477119/TextView

The problem being that he'll be gone in a couple of weeks, with no guarantee that he'll be back after the election.

Offline Bazster

• Follower
« Reply #17 on: 16 March, 2015, 01:35:28 PM »
I love the implication by the Watford councillor that (i) if you give people a ten-minute grace period they will deliberately use it and (ii) the hordes engaging in this act of brinkmanship will have a more deleterious effect on shops and businesses than rapacious parking enforcement has been doing for years.

I hope the electors of Oxhey have taken careful note of his comments.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #18 on: 16 March, 2015, 01:40:14 PM »
"That bloke you slagged off last week, he's now your boss"
<Biglaugh> <Biglaugh> <Biglaugh>

<shootfoot> <shootfoot> <shootfoot> <shootfoot> <shootfoot> <shootfoot> <shootfoot> <shootfoot>

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #19 on: 16 March, 2015, 03:09:14 PM »
Another little pearl of wisdom from the Watford weasel,

"He said councils were already under 'strict' central government control on parking, with fines set nationally and a parking appeals service available to drivers."

Methinks there should be no upper limit to fines and no right of appeal. Watford 
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #20 on: 16 March, 2015, 04:29:12 PM »
I love the implication by the Watford councillor that (i) if you give people a ten-minute grace period they will deliberately use it and (ii) the hordes engaging in this act of brinkmanship will have a more deleterious effect on shops and businesses than rapacious parking enforcement has been doing for years.

I hope the electors of Oxhey have taken careful note of his comments.

So do I, but the Council is not up for Election and even if it were, it would do no good voting the Councillor out as he and his collegues are just a 'rubber stamp' for decisions made by unelected Council Officers.

Offline Bazster

• Follower
« Reply #21 on: 16 March, 2015, 06:03:34 PM »
So do I, but the Council is not up for Election and even if it were, it would do no good voting the Councillor out as he and his collegues are just a 'rubber stamp' for decisions made by unelected Council Officers.

They're all up for election sometime - and you don't just let councillors do that, you get on their backs and stay there.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player