Author Topic: Westminster council show no concern for the safety of its schoolchildren  (Read 2330 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Having taken a closer look at the "camera purpose/justification" on the Wastemonster site

(see my post here http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,5104.msg31681.html#msg31681

and the Wastemonster website here http://transact.westminster.gov.uk/docstores/publications_store/parking/parking-cctv-cameras-location-list.pdf),

and bearing in mind the $cars' stated locations for enforcement, I can't help noticing that there is no $camera specifically tasked to keep the kiddies safe outside schools.

So why were they arguing so vehemently that they need them so that children aren't killed?

Sorry! That's obviously a rhetorical question because as we have always known...

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY
Perhaps we should write to Wastemonster Council to thank them for clarifying the position for us?  <_>

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Surely, now that some of the $car locations are obsolete, they'll redeploy them outside schools and keep the kiddies safe at no extra cost?

Offline scalyback

• Follower
Its due to limited resources.

would you spend out money on looking after the children, when you can make by having the traffic guys stick PCN's on motorcycles?

well, you probably would, but then you are not westminster council.

They have fallen a long way since the years of collecting zero poll tax!

stuck up dreamers!

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
I don't think limited resources would cover it - they have a Contractor (NSL) who have to provide X number of CCTV Cars - they might as well put them outside schools, as that'll be about the only aspect of Parking they will be able to enforce.

The main reason that Westminster were able to charge a zero Council Tax was because of the HUGE amounts of wonga they made from Parking, both in Fees and Fines.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
I don't think limited resources would cover it - they have a Contractor (NSL) who have to provide X number of CCTV Cars - they might as well put them outside schools, as that'll be about the only aspect of Parking they will be able to enforce.

The main reason that Westminster were able to charge a zero Council Tax was because of the HUGE amounts of wonga they made from Parking, both in Fees and Fines.

They rarely used the $cars to enforce parking Dick, and in all the times we $chunted them we only ever saw one stop outside a school. As it turned out there was already a foot patrol CEO stationed there, which amply demonstrates the point that you don't need the expensive $cars outside schools when a foot patrol CEO can do the job just as well, if not better.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player