Author Topic: Parking Fines - Certain its a scam but how to prove it!  (Read 3156 times)

Offline hannah2809

• Follower
Parking Fines - Certain its a scam but how to prove it!
« on: 25 March, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »
Over the last 3 days, i have received 3 Notice to Owner to my horror, each one requesting £130 payment.

These letters were the first i had known about any outstanding fines on my vehicle.

The time, date and location are for 3 individual days when my husband went to make a speedy UPS drop off at a local store, he parked without displaying a ticket each time at the same location, taking no more than 3 minutes at most.

Now, i understand he was parked unlawfully, and therefore is subject to a fine, however, on day 1 , there was no ticket on the car. Having not received a ticket for his quick drop off, he subsequently went back the next day and another day after that. Each time, no ticket on the car.

So, now is the part that i am mad about.

I looked at the Hammersmith and Fulham parking images, and each day shows a ticket on the car! I am positive that the attendants (two individuals) are placing a ticket on the vehicle, quickly picturing it, taking it off and then driving away! Why would they do that? Well, to ensure that you pay the higher fine of £130 and assume it is ok to park there again so they can catch you repeatedly.

There is no way in hell that a by passer would coincidentally remove a ticket off the car on 3 days at 3 different times.

If my husband had got a ticket on day one, he would have paid it off immediately and never returned to repeat the same mistake.

I refuse to be scammed and won't pay, i need to prove that the attendants are acting unlawfully. They work on mopeds so it will be a mission to catch them in the act unless i leave my car at risk again of another fine to catch them on film.

Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Parking Fines - Certain its a scam but how to prove it!
« Reply #1 on: 25 March, 2015, 05:30:51 PM »
I thought that they had to give you a further 14 days at the discounted rate when they send a notice to keeper?

Anyway, never mind that, I have sent a link to your post to Mr Mustard (a NoToMob member) to ask if he would be willing to lend a hand with your case Hannah. This looks to be right up his alley. ;)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline hannah2809

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 25 March, 2015, 05:55:34 PM »
Hi Bald Eagle,
Its £130 (discount price) because full price at this stage is £195!
Thanks for forwarding my post on!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 25 March, 2015, 06:10:06 PM »
Hi Bald Eagle,
Its £130 (discount price) because full price at this stage is £195!
Thanks for forwarding my post on!

Check your PMs. ;)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #4 on: 25 March, 2015, 07:50:01 PM »
Welcome hannah. You will be in very good hands with Mr Mustard. The following is an example of his very considerable talents,

http://lbbspending.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/no-compassion-no-goodwill.html

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline hannah2809

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 25 March, 2015, 10:20:13 PM »
We have a breakthrough.
It turns out that we have been the subject of number plate fraud! A vehicle with the same make, model and colour in the same postcode area has copied our number plate and been parking illegally resulting in fine after fine coming through.
The only way we realised is that on the parking attendants pictures that are posted online, the vehicle is a 5 door car and ours is a 3 door!
We've told the police and will deal with it from here.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond and offer your help!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #6 on: 25 March, 2015, 10:32:48 PM »
That's good news. Have the Council accepted this and cancelled the PCNs? Also, I would save the pictures of the other car. It will come in handy if any more PCNs come through.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline hannah2809

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 25 March, 2015, 10:43:43 PM »
I have to go there tomorrow to explain and get them cancelled. and yep thanks, have taken screen shots of all the pictures just to be on the safe side!

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 25 March, 2015, 10:53:13 PM »
Have the Police given you a crime number? If so, hang on to it in case anything else comes through your letter box.
Glad to hear you're well on the way to getting this sorted out.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player