Author Topic: Historic pub illegally knocked down  (Read 4385 times)

Offline Overlord

• Follower
Historic pub illegally knocked down
« on: 11 April, 2015, 04:49:03 PM »
It seems that it's not only the Parking Industry that is saddled with corrupt scumbags. Have a look at this!! But what to do about it though?
http://kilburntimes.co.uk/news/heritage/shock_as_historic_bub_in_kilburn_is_demolished_with_no_warning_and_without_permission_1_4027231
 <Swearyangry> <Swearyangry> <Swearyangry> <Swearyangry> <Swearyangry>
« Last Edit: 11 April, 2015, 04:55:06 PM by Overlord »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Historic pub illegally knocked down
« Reply #1 on: 01 May, 2015, 12:18:53 PM »
I think you might like this Overlord.

Robert Davis, deputy leader of Westminster Council, said: “A report to the planning committee next week will make an order to rebuild the pub brick by brick exactly as it was before it was demolished. I hope they do throw the book at them.”

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/heritage/westminster_councillors_demand_kilburn_s_carlton_tavern_is_rebuilt_1_4055617
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 01 May, 2015, 08:00:14 PM »
Fantastic if it happens!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Overlord

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 01 May, 2015, 08:44:49 PM »
 <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!> <Woohooo> <Woohooo> <Woohooo> <Woohooo> Bloody Great!! I hope it costs them a fortune. When it's been rebuilt, I think Westminster Council should think about making a compulsory purchase order with a price based on the value of the pub itself, less the value of the land, in it's destroyed condition. In other words, confisgate it. Then put it up for sale to a genuine purchaser with measures in place to ensure that it is run as a proper pub and not as an asset strip. Perhaps this will be a lesson to other scumbag developers who think they can walk all over people in the interest of their own greed.
« Last Edit: 01 May, 2015, 09:01:35 PM by Overlord »

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 02 May, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »
I can only assume that this pub was not making a profit when it was open - otherwise it would not have been shut down, let alone sold. If this is the case who the heck is going to run it when/if it gets rebuilt?

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player