Author Topic: Medway TROs/TMOs & Temp TMOs  (Read 17387 times)

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Medway TROs/TMOs & Temp TMOs
« Reply #15 on: 22 April, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »
It is a shame they did not take the same attitude with this near accident as Brent did when I complained to them about their $car driver. I did not have any video to back it up either.

This is the reply I just received from Brent about my complaint of the way one of their $cars was driven.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxx[/font:s42st5nl]

[font=arial:s42st5nl]May I first of apologise for the delay in writing to you.[/font:s42st5nl]

[font=arial:s42st5nl]On receipt of your complaint, the Civil Enforcement Officer driving the CCTV vehicle at Cricklewood Broadway on 2[sup:s42st5nl]nd[/sup:s42st5nl] April, 2011 was suspended from driving duties and was formally interviewed under his employer’s discipline procedures.  He has been given formal words of advice as to his future conduct and reminded of his responsibilities when driving on duty.  He has now been re-instated to driving duties, but a record of this incident will remain on his file for 6 months.[/font:s42st5nl]

[font=arial:s42st5nl]I apologise for any inconvenience this incident has caused you.[/font:s42st5nl]

Mike Lambert
Acting Parking Manager
L. B. Brent,
Pyramid House,
Fourth Way,
Wembley,
HA9 0LJ
020 8937 5091

I have replied with this.
Dear Mr Lambert,

Thank you for the response to my complaint, the delay is acceptable given the serious nature of the circumstances. I consider this matter is now closed as it has been dealt with correctly and to my full satisfaction.
Thank you.     
[/color]
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #16 on: 24 April, 2011, 08:17:04 AM »
MY FOI Responce from what do they know.

Can any of you see any where in this order, that will allow the /cctv $car's to pass through Globe Lane Chatham, into the Brook or into Chatham High St please ?
Because I cant see any!

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/68932/response/169353/attach/4/Traffic%20Orders.pdf
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2011, 08:51:26 AM by Monkey Girl »

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: 24 April, 2011, 03:54:41 PM »
No i cant see, i think your right MG.

Unless, they pick up litter on the way and load rubish into the boot :rotfl:
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #18 on: 25 April, 2011, 06:46:16 AM »
How about Article 3 "Nothing in Article 2, 2 shall render it unlawful to cause or permit a vehicle tp proceed along a length of road referred to for a purpose authorised and described on a permit issued by the Council"?

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #19 on: 25 April, 2011, 09:56:34 AM »
@ Dasterly Dick
Yes but they have to abide by section 14 (1) of the Road Traffice Act ..... here

Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads.E+W+S.(1)If the traffic authority for a road are satisfied that traffic on the road should be restricted or prohibited—.
(a)because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near the road; or.
(b)because of the likelihood of danger to the public, or of serious damage to the road, which is not attributable to such works; or.
(c)for the purpose of enabling the duty imposed by section 89(1)(a) or (2) of theEnvironmental Protection Act 1990 (litter clearing and cleaning) to be discharged,.
the authority may by order restrict or prohibit temporarily the use of that road, or of any part of it, by vehicles, or vehicles of any class, or by pedestrians, to such extent and subject to such conditions or exceptions as they may consider necessary.

Look at section PROHIBITION OF MOTOR VEHICLES
SECTION 2 (1) Which means Vehicles are prohibited
& SECTION 2 (2)
SECTION 3.... I BELIVE IS REGARDING DUSTCARTS TO PERFORM THEIR DUTY.
still i will be out to having a look at these at some point
« Last Edit: 25 April, 2011, 10:27:16 AM by Monkey Girl »

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #20 on: 25 April, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »
Dear Medway Council,

FOI  IN TODAY

Please provide copy's, details of certificates, orders, or other regarding any permissions given to allow Medway Council's CCTV Vehicles, in which, therefore allowing permission for these particular vehicles to pass through a No Vehicular Access into Globe Lane turning right into Sir John Hawkins and or straight onto The Brook Chatham. And also Nashden Lane Borstal.
I would also like a copy of any order's,certificate or other, which allows your CCTV Vehicles to contravene parking under the any of The Road Traffic acts, which allows Medway Councils CCTV Vehicles to park on double yellow or single yellow lines when enforcing or parking.

Yours faithfully,

Offline NotEvenALondonRider

• Follower
« Reply #21 on: 25 April, 2011, 10:57:05 AM »
Well on the pdf I can't see anything which allows the CCTV cars through Globe Lane or Waterfront Way. Unless they are using 3 1. iii as measured with the camera at full height? Which I'm sure they aren't allowed to drive with?

It doesn't actually specify any restriction of turn at The Brook or Medway Street, only that only the bus / taxi / local bus / emergency / contractor vehicles can use Globe Lane or Waterfront Way. So have they signed those appropriately? I will have a look when I stroll down there in a bit.

There are errors in the defined roads anyway.

"2.1 - No person shall cause or permit a vehicle to proceed in Waterfront Way East of the road leading to Sir John Hawkins car park." Waterfront Way runs due North / South so how can you proceed East in it? Why no prohibition of West? Or are they assuming that that is actually South and no-one can get there as no access via Globe Lane or Medway Street?

4 Road with restriction / road where the restriction applies fromThe table appears to say that nothing can use either 2m or the width of the High Street plus 2m in a North / South direction. So since it says that applies to the High Street North / South and the High Street runs East / West.....

Shall I buy the council a Compass?

NEALR aka Shedman
"A nation of sheep breeds only a government of wolves".

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #22 on: 25 April, 2011, 06:58:08 PM »
Well spotted NEALR  :aplude:   :-ev-: still we keep digging  ;D
just uploading pics, il pm you my email

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #23 on: 25 April, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
If the road runs East / West could they be referring to the North side of the Road or South side of the road  :idea:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #24 on: 28 April, 2011, 08:46:57 PM »
@BH....Have a look... no scanner so these are pics, but they should enlarge enough for you to read  ;)

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #25 on: 28 April, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »
I never seem to able to upload anymore than 2 pics without an Error!

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #26 on: 28 April, 2011, 08:52:17 PM »
not much more  ;D

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: 28 April, 2011, 09:02:23 PM »
@MG

I will PM you as I don`t want "Eyes" to read.......
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #28 on: 28 April, 2011, 09:09:02 PM »
I alway's have trouble uploading anymore than 2 pics at any time,, and now it wont allow me to up load the last two pics at all  :bashy: :bashy: and they were the important bits  :bashy:  :pmsl:

Balllif H, i have emailed you the last 2 pics  ;D
« Last Edit: 28 April, 2011, 09:36:08 PM by Monkey Girl »

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #29 on: 29 April, 2011, 07:40:11 PM »
The council spokesman Mr Staples said: "The law allows for this and the car is exempt from parking restrictions under these circumstances. The council also insists that it must be safe for the CCTV car to park where it has."

http://garyallanach.blogspot.com/2010/07/medway-council-cctv-car-far-from-smart.html
« Last Edit: 29 April, 2011, 07:45:27 PM by Monkey Girl »

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player