Author Topic: WCC are to Clamp and tow again!!!!  (Read 3084 times)

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline rs2k

• Follower
Re: WCC are to Clamp and tow again!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 03 March, 2011, 05:24:11 PM »
Suspected this was to happen, do you think this was the true purpose of the anpr/cctv vans ?  I'm thinking so :(

Do ya think we can get Superclamp on board now  :pmsl:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article142316.ece

Offline TT

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 03 March, 2011, 05:34:40 PM »
Someone got picked up in my road this week for being parked on a single yellow...in Camden...i think they brought it back a while back but it's only used in exceptional circumstances.....ie not for over running a meter etc.......

http://www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/navigation/transport-and-streets/parking/clamps-and-removals/

most of that is fair enough tbh......it's whether the private contractors who enforce it play fair that's more to the point I guess............
« Last Edit: 03 March, 2011, 05:45:53 PM by TT »
Easy Rider

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: 03 March, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »
TBH. With my knowledge of the WCC operation, it was always doubtful whether the removal of the clamp/tow regime would work for WCC. Yes they courted good press for doing so but this made them throw the dice as to "Would a motorist pay the PCN or not?" Too much emphasis was put on Philips Collection Services Ltd to try to collect  the ££ at debt recovery stage prior to a Warrant request at Northampton County Court. (This all costs WCC £££) Even after the Warrant is granted, PCS collection rates were poor(Well below standard) so WCC have suffered big time. PCS entered into this contract (Or not as may be the case) blinkered, un educated and promising WCC the World........so this news says it all to me! WCC`s DCA FAILED! :pmsl:

Now by re-introducing the "Iron fist in an iron glove" method, they will issue the PCN=£60 then clamp £60 then tow £120=£240!!! Nice work if you can get it eh :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: These are old approx figures pre 2008 but I`m sure factoring in inflation etc the new fees wont look too pretty!!! A long walk/taxi fare to their Park Lane car pound late at night is not a nice trip either!!!!

And no, Capt Clamp is not a welcome member (I have met his type) as it`s illegal and 9 time out of 10 it gets messy with a trip to the plod shop to offer up your DNA sample :'(
« Last Edit: 03 March, 2011, 05:43:16 PM by BailiffHunter »
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 16 March, 2011, 01:17:38 AM »
I seem to recall they dropped it because it was loss making. So what's changed? A fat back-hander from a contractor or a move towards "100% compliance without penalties"?
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline Martin

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 17 March, 2011, 08:01:32 AM »
Councillor Chalkley (who?) slowly being written out of history!!

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 17 March, 2011, 08:39:39 AM »
I thought that most of the unpaid parking fines were (allegedly) down to Diplomatic Vehicles who, of course, claim Diplomatic Immunity. I believe this was the justification for the previously unenforceable "Diplomatic Spaces" in central London??
Assuming the above is true, how does "clamp and tow" help, since if you go for the (alleged) worst offenders - the diplomats - they'll demand the release/return of their vehicle for free?

No Income generated, but the cost of sending clamper back to release or the cost of returning the towed vehicle from the pound incurred.  W:T:F:

Offline Bandit

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 17 March, 2011, 03:18:16 PM »
Bit vague at the moment, but it seems that this is an incident of a bike being lifted over an unpaid pCN.
http://forum.notobikeparkingtax.com/members/the-bastards-got-me-today/

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: 17 March, 2011, 03:43:16 PM »
Cant see this link as not a member and aparently members only allowed to view.  :bashy:

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player