Author Topic: DVLA no longer charge for subject access requests  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
DVLA no longer charge for subject access requests
« on: 10 June, 2015, 11:50:56 AM »
From the Parking Prankster blog

Monday, 8 June 2015

DVLA reverse position on charging to find out if a parking company have accessed your data

The DVLA previously charged if you wanted to know if a parking company has accessed your data.

They have now apparently changed their mind on this, at least according to this post on pepipoo (http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=92932&st=60&start=60).

Due to the nature of your request for information we are unable to provide this via email under the Data Protection Act. However, data-subjects have the right to request information held about them by the DVLA. Requests for such information from the vehicle record must be made in writing providing full name and address and details of the vehicle registration mark(s). The fee for this service until today was £5, but this is now a service which is provided “Free of charge”. Requests should be sent with any necessary documents to: Vehicles Fee Paying Enquiry Section, DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AJ."

The Prankster welcomes this change of position - it is only fair that keepers know if a parking company has correctly accessed data. Going further, it would be even better in future if a keeper could register to be automatically informed if an operator has accessed their data. The Prankster suggests that email would be a cost effective method to do this, with post as a back up for keepers who do not wish to rely on email. This can be easily funded by the current charge to the operators of £2.50.

Happy Parking

The Parking Prankster

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/dvla-reverse-position-on-charging-to.html

Offline javabike

• Follower
Re: DVLA no longer charge for subject access requests
« Reply #1 on: 20 June, 2015, 03:31:17 PM »
Accessing my personal data should be only by my consent, and I am paid £100 for each data access.
It is afterall my personal data, to which I always write, 'Without prejudice. All rights reserved.'. Which by law means that the data can not be reproduce nor use in a court of law. :) at least I hope so.......................
« Last Edit: 20 June, 2015, 03:44:12 PM by javabike »
Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player