Author Topic: Medway $chunt 16/3/2011  (Read 3102 times)

Offline HeadlongCabbie

• Follower
Medway $chunt 16/3/2011
« on: 16 March, 2011, 04:19:25 PM »
Fun today...

Got down to the pen just after 10am. No $cars inside so went off out to have a quick look around the honeypots.  MG then called to say she'd left her board at home so had gone back to pick it up. I headed back to the pen since experience has told us the times that the $cars are at the pen and after meeting MG, sure enough $car 57 turned up.

We waited around for a while chatting to local "personalities" until car 57 came back out, just after we'd received the news that Blinky would be joining us. Ah, I love the smell of a new clutch burning itself in.

As we got round the block I realised I had lost my warning board so spun back round to find it but to no avail.  However, I did find Blinky, just as car 09 returned to the pen.  So we are now back to two Medway cars on the go. Blinky went off to find MG while I did another lap looking for my board and we all lost each other until I got a call from MG saying that the $car was at Halfords.  So that was two of us together with the $car. Eventually we met up with Blinky so one car was being assisted by three of us.

We didn't travel too far today, just spinning round the Chatham honeypots.  We weren't able to help completely with getting to 100% compliance but we had a bloody good go, saving several people. Aren't we good citizens.

We've noticed this driver isn't exactly the most capable and today proved no exception with him not being able to do a hillstart, changing his mind about if he's turning left or right, pulling up suddenly without warning, and today drifting between lanes and bouncing up a central island.

He also doesn't mind pulling up on yellow lines to give tickets, or stopping on school zig zag markings.

Luckily, I had my trusty camera with me. I'll post a video a little later.

Oh, and we were treated to a lovely ride down some country lanes. Not an illegally parked vehicle in sight. Then again there weren't many yellow lines out there on Cliffe Marshes.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Medway $chunt 16/3/2011
« Reply #1 on: 16 March, 2011, 05:07:33 PM »
:aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

Looking forward to the video :-ev-:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 16 March, 2011, 05:56:07 PM »
Hi Guys,
oooh Headlong, don't you just love the smell of the country side, cow pats and horse manure !! and remember the donkey than scampered away from us today :pmsl:, woolly sheep and lots of wabbits  ;D. It made a nice change  ;D.

Yes some pretty wreckless driving today, and horns being blown by lorry's and car's not able to get pass the CCTV $car, and I cant believe he parked opposite Tesco's in Chatham with only one lane for traffic going straight on, he could have pulled in front of the offending car safely and would have not caused an the obstruction!! , which was forcing cars over into a lane that was for right turns only.. They are suppose to park safely and are instructed NOT to park on double yellows if there is a safer place to park (shame they are not remind off this as often as they should be).
Whilst out assisting from 10.15 were touring and my phones going like crazy! only silly me forgot to charge it last night, so I'm trying to charge it on the bike...whilst trying to tell PW,,,"I'm not doing that... blah blah blah":schucks: 2/3 calls later anyway yes...I'm now am doing that!! and we will see what happens tomorrow :schucks::-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-:

13.00 I had to nip home to make a quick call and left Blinky and HLC with the $car! .....Have you ever tried eating dry shredded wheat and gulping down some milk because you had forgotton break fast?  W:T:F: I nearly choked to death  :pmsl:  ;D !! After I nearly died I headed back to the pen, 10Min's later ands HLC salutes me on his way back in to the pen with the $car fully assisted today :-ev-: ;D,...... only a few Mins later the Scars back out :o so we jump back on the bikes and assist until 2.45ish (with interesting footage)  :-ev-: Headlong peels off and so do I as its school run time. a successful day and so much bibbing and thumbs up from the public, were getting pretty famous down here you know!!! ;D

Thank you Headlong C, Blinky, and the public :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
MG ;D

Sorry forgot to mention, I have had the NoToMob flag made and wil pick it up this week, Headlong gave me a £10 towards it, but I have decided to donate that the Afghan Hereos charity, when we attended Wotton Bassett, Thanks HLC
« Last Edit: 16 March, 2011, 07:50:44 PM by Monkey Girl »

Offline HeadlongCabbie

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 16 March, 2011, 07:28:32 PM »
Video changed to include NoToMob logo

Medway $chunt 16/03/11
« Last Edit: 17 March, 2011, 09:42:04 PM by HeadlongCabbie »

Offline HeadlongCabbie

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 16 March, 2011, 07:40:12 PM »
Forgot to mention that one car Blinky and I thought we had saved had disabled stickers in the front windscreen. This didn't stop the $car from stopping in front of it to take the picture of it on double yellows.  Neither the $car's driver or passenger got out to check the disabled stickers but I offered the victim car's owner one of our cards and said to get in touch should he receive a ticket.

He said "Sod 'em, we're within our rights to park there." :aplude:

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 16 March, 2011, 07:49:14 PM »
>:( >:(Outstanding footage, welldone HLC     [size=140]WAS THE DRIVER DRUNK?

He is certainly driving in a unsafe manor / Hazardous!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 16 March, 2011, 07:56:31 PM by Monkey Girl »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 16 March, 2011, 07:53:52 PM »
Oh dear. ;D
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline chalky

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 16 March, 2011, 09:12:21 PM »
Fek me sideways! Was he perhaps rolling a spliff when he hit the central reservation? The driver is a bloody liability!
You are so lucky you guys, it must be at least six weeks scince I have actually followed a real scamera car!

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 16 March, 2011, 09:32:03 PM »
That driver's a bleedin menace, I hope his boss takes a look at that footage  W:T:F:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 16 March, 2011, 11:08:10 PM »
Quote from: "Kill Switch"
That driver's a bleedin menace, I hope his boss takes a look at that footage  W:T:F:

I think it might be bought to his/her boss's attention very shortly. ;)

Then again we know they monitor our site so...

Oooooh look a kitty.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU