Author Topic: Mid morning foot $chunt 16/3/11  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Mid morning foot $chunt 16/3/11
« on: 16 March, 2011, 04:24:08 PM »
Well, couldn't make the Brekky Club today and can't do this evening either so thought I'd fill my mid-day time constructively by having a peruse around the West End. Got into town about 11am and nothing to report. Went to grab a sarnie from Pret a Minger on Conduit St. and lo and behold, by the time I'm out with me scran, a $car has appeared on Savile Row. Bingo!
Assisted there for about an hour before the $car decided to leg it. :bashy: Definitely stopped 3 cars from doing a non-left turn so £360 saved. :P As far as I can tell, they didn't earn a penny there this lunch-time. :dancing:
Had nothing but support from members of the public, pedestrians, drivers, cabbies - all of 'em! :aplude:
Did have an interesting chat with a van driver who came up to me and showed me his recently sent NIP including picture of his van, apparently not turning left. From the picture, although his van is positioned to the right of the road, he was not even on the give way line of the junction! He says he turned left, which I don't doubt, but these tossers have issued him with a NIP where he hasn't even reached the junction - which is clear from the picture. I told him to contest it and pointed him in our direction. He's not from London and obviously not used to the underhand sneaky tactics employed by Wastemonster. I hope he does contest it - I hate the fact that they put the onus on you to challenge their corrupt practices and rely on you paying up just to make it go away. Makes my blood boil! :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
Anyway, if you're on here fella and reading this - please challenge it and you'll find plenty of help and support on here to fight back against the robbers that are Wastemonster. Let us know if we can help in anyway - your amongst friends here!
Had a look around for another hour or so after lunch, just in case the $car came back to Savile Row but time got the better of me and I had to foxtrot oscar about 14.30.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Mid morning foot $chunt 16/3/11
« Reply #1 on: 16 March, 2011, 05:05:09 PM »
And they said foot $chunting would never catch on. :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
« Last Edit: 20 March, 2011, 01:08:09 PM by The Bald Eagle »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 16 March, 2011, 06:35:20 PM »
Whooooooooooo great work Boyo  :aplude: :aplude: :dancing:

Can an Admin put this in the Westminster section,,,ta
« Last Edit: 16 March, 2011, 06:59:06 PM by Monkey Girl »

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 16 March, 2011, 08:15:17 PM »
Well done:

I wish everyone contested these CCTV PCNs. It's quite obvious that someone cocooned in a nice warm car at a safe distance really isn't in a position to completely assess the situation at a junction in the distance. Which is why the guidelines mandate the use of CEOs on foot unless it would be difficult or dangerous for them to attend. Clearly not the case in this situation. So that would be a good enough reason to appeal, for a start, anyway.

What most people don't realise is that the reduced charge period is frozen the moment the appeal is lodged, so there is qbsolutely nothing to be lost by appealing.

Of course, most of the people dealing with the appeals really don't understand the system. I had one tell me - in writing - that the reduced a mount was only for those that don't appeal. Which was grounds for the PCN to be cancelled anyway!

Hope hje does appeal! If nothing else, it delays the money leaving his account and costs the council about £40 to field the appeal :) Of course, they will automatically reject it. But PATAS probably won't!

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 16 March, 2011, 09:16:13 PM »
Well done Boyo  :aplude:

They must really hate us, not even on a bike  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 17 March, 2011, 07:17:47 AM »
Quote from: "Monkey Girl"
Can an Admin put this in the Westminster section,,,ta

Done :D

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 20 March, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »
It would be great to get a copy of their CCTV "evidence" to add to our evidence.
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player