Author Topic: Cornwall Parking Charge  (Read 21338 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Cornwall Parking Charge
« Reply #15 on: 06 September, 2015, 12:03:04 PM »
……………………. then legal proceedings will be taken.

"Notice of intention to advise client to issue summons"

Amtrac is basically Mick C(r)ooke who made a name for himself (as well as the one beginning with C) by taking local cornish people with little parking knowledge to court and beating them. Now I'm not saying he won't but it's highly unlikely that he's going to drive all the way up here to ask a judge to award him £100 only for us to defend your mate and send Mick back down to cornwall with f :o ck all. Just saying.

Let's say he does fancy an away match. The Notice To Keeper was served outside of the terms of PoFA so there is no keeper liability. He's welcome to pursue the driver but he has no claim against the keeper. Even if he did, the signage has no planning permission under Town and Country Planning Act so he has committed a criminal offence by displaying the signs. Any contract that is formed as the result of a criminal offence is not enforceable. Then there's BE's point about ADR Which the courts would likely refer to before they would hear the case. Most cases I've dealt with never show an image of the car and a sign in the same shot. This is crucial to demonstrate that the driver would have been aware of the terms. Then there's whether or not some shabby little weasel has authority to pursue motorists on land he has no interest in. Even if he bounds across all of those hurdles and many more that we will put in his way, he still has to hope the Supreme Court side with Parking(sh)Eye(sters).

That letter is basically a template and part of a large chain that is sent out to all potential victims and is designed to alarm and distress victims into paying. If your mate loses, and it's a very big if (24pt to be exact), none of the actions described in points 1 to 5 would take place because your mate would simply cough up at that point. He'd cough up the £100 charge asked for and maybe an extra £50 expenses but none of the escalating charges threatened in the scary letter chain.

You can expect some more, ahem, 'scary' letters but just ignore them. The only one not to ignore is a claim form from the court, we'll need to deal with that. Anything else from private limited companies, tip 'em bollocks.
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #16 on: 07 September, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »
 <Yeahthat>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Parking Prankster

• Follower
« Reply #17 on: 22 September, 2015, 03:25:45 PM »
Just to advise that this is the second similar report I have had about Sennen Cove harbour car park. (Although it could also be the same person twice, I suppose, as the first report was not named)

I believe this to be a variant on Ghost ticketing. I suspect the attendant removes the tickets from the machine and hides. Drivers pay, but nothing comes out. When they leave, he tickets them. Before the attendant goes, he puts the tickets back.

I suspect a dashcam record of this car park could be very revealing.

Google Maps show the signage in this car park is non-existant

Might well be worth contacting the harbour master, explaining what you suspect happened, asking him if any similar events have been reported, and asking that in the circumstances, can he get the ticket cancelled as the driver paid (twice)

‘Sea Call’ Cove Road
Penzance,
Cornwall TR19 7BT

Tel: 07802 155306 (home and 24hr)
Email: admin@sennen-cove.com

As I understand it, the harbour master tried to get other parking companies to quote, but others were only interested if it was a deal where he paid nothing and they made all their income from parking charges.

• Follower
« Reply #18 on: 22 September, 2015, 03:43:30 PM »
How to deal with TNC.

Unlike ultra dodgy company Debt Recovery Plus, TNC are members of the CSA. You can therefore require them to refer any debt back to the operator. If they don't do this, you can refer them to the CSA. After doing this a few times, one of their managers, Gary Collett, asked me to contact him directly rather than go through his minions. gary.collett@transnationalltd.com

So something like this will probably get results.

Dear Mr Collett
Re Invoice xyz

The debt is denied. Please refer the matter back to your principal

The debt is denied because the driver purchased a ticket but the parking machine did not emit the ticket. The required fee was therefore paid.

Please note that I will raise a complaint to the CSA if you do not refer this matter back to the operator. Please also note that as the debt is denied debt collection is not appropriate. I am fully aware that you work on a no-win no-fee basis so I suggest that to save costs for all parties you pass the matter back to the operator.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #19 on: 22 September, 2015, 03:44:32 PM »
@Jonesy

Further to what Penryn council have done once they realised they can't issue private parking tickets on public land via the same company (Armtrac) (see: http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=5711.msg34281#msg34281 ), your mate might want to have a look at who owns the car park in question. ;)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

• Follower
« Reply #20 on: 29 September, 2015, 09:45:11 AM »
Another AS Parking scam has been reported to me. A car park offers £5 for 24 hour parking, but the machine will only take £4 for 3 hours. St Endellion main car park, Port Isaac.

If anyone is in the area, a video confirming this would be useful!

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #21 on: 20 April, 2016, 01:07:03 PM »
Interesting development!!

Today "my friend" had a call on his mobile  from an number he did not recognise so it was ignored. A message notification then was received so he listened to the message which went like this this " Name...  This is Frankie  from TNC collections it is important that you return this call today on 01242 214645  quoting  reference P9902069. call terminated  I see from parking prankster in his post dated 22 September that he has dealings with TNC before. so I'm wondering want would be the best course of action t advise my friend. He has not returned the call.   

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #22 on: 20 April, 2016, 02:09:29 PM »
1. Never, ever, ever phone a debt collector about a private parking ticket.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #23 on: 20 April, 2016, 05:50:18 PM »
1. Never, ever, ever phone a debt collector about a private parking ticket.

<Yeahthat> <Yeahthat> <Yeahthat> <Yeahthat> <Yeahthat> <Yeahthat> <Yeahthat> <Yeahthat>

And BTW, where did he get your friend's mobile phone number?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #24 on: 22 April, 2016, 02:40:54 PM »
Very good F$%@ing question BE

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #25 on: 22 April, 2016, 04:05:17 PM »

A data protection breach perhaps?

A little word in the Information Commissioner's shell like might be in order. ;)

Tell your mate not to wipe the voicemail message as he will need it as evidence.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #26 on: 03 May, 2016, 10:35:35 AM »

A little word in the Information Commissioner's shell like might be in order. ;)

Tell your mate not to wipe the voicemail message as he will need it as evidence.

Another phone call  has been received (28th April) this time from a Glasgow number 01412 804900 which was not answered, so a voice mail message was left requiring the person to contact TNC on 01242 214645 quoting the reference number....  no name of caller given , and  no please or thank you.   

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #27 on: 03 May, 2016, 10:54:42 AM »

Another one for the evidence pack.

Another phone call  has been received (28th April) this time from a Glasgow number 01412 804900 which was not answered, so a voice mail message was left requiring the person to contact TNC on 01242 214645 quoting the reference number....  no name of caller given , and  no please or thank you.   
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #28 on: 03 May, 2016, 11:45:36 AM »
I will refer you to The Prankster's excellent advice,

How to deal with TNC.

Unlike ultra dodgy company Debt Recovery Plus, TNC are members of the CSA. You can therefore require them to refer any debt back to the operator. If they don't do this, you can refer them to the CSA. After doing this a few times, one of their managers, Gary Collett, asked me to contact him directly rather than go through his minions. gary.collett@transnationalltd.com

So something like this will probably get results.

Dear Mr Collett
Re Invoice xyz

The debt is denied. Please refer the matter back to your principal

The debt is denied because the driver purchased a ticket but the parking machine did not emit the ticket. The required fee was therefore paid.

Please note that I will raise a complaint to the CSA if you do not refer this matter back to the operator. Please also note that as the debt is denied debt collection is not appropriate. I am fully aware that you work on a no-win no-fee basis so I suggest that to save costs for all parties you pass the matter back to the operator.

Obviously this should be done by written means, preferably electronic.

No-one should ever ever ever never ever ever never never ever never ever, phew!, speak to a parking wea$el on the phone. This only benefits the wea$el as they can threaten their prey without there being any record of what was said.

Mick C(r)ooke is a massive bellend and won't be taking anyone to court (because he is a massive bellend).
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #29 on: 10 May, 2016, 10:06:46 AM »
Another phone call from the Cheltenham number (01242214645) received on Thursday 5th May at 1828hours  but as the phone was already being used the caller hung up and didn't leave a message.!!!!!

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player