Author Topic: WCC $CAMera car usage update?  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Esinem

• Follower
WCC $CAMera car usage update?
« on: 20 March, 2011, 01:07:02 PM »
What's the score? It sounds like it's pretty quiet and they aren't doing a lot except using them to chauffeur drive CEOs. Do we have a rough idea how many are out doing CCTV on any given day?  I appreciate Westminster doesn't give as much sport as Medway and the likes but I'd hate us to release our grip and give them a chance to grab another gasp of air. The secret is to kick a man when he's down and keep kicking if you don't want him to get up again  :-ev-:

:idea: Can we get some publicity going on the chauffeur service?  It might be particularly "reputationally damaging" in a climate where essential services are being slashed.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: WCC $CAMera car usage update?
« Reply #1 on: 20 March, 2011, 01:14:44 PM »
We may need to get back to midweek $chunting again to get some intel on this. They certainly have one car tasked to do moving traffic violations, but I suspect there's at least one more.

Any volunteers?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline spikes

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 20 March, 2011, 01:31:56 PM »
I will try towards the end of the week, when I've burnt most of the dead people I knew. Plus both bikes should be on the road by midweek so no excuse not to get back out there soon.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 20 March, 2011, 02:15:05 PM »
I will try to get out on Friday.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 21 March, 2011, 06:46:06 PM »
Ok people I was on my to Peckham and my sat nav must have gone wrong as I ended up at O St at around
09:00.
Only 5 $cars and 1 Van at pen with more activity outside so I think thinks are warming up a bit.
I got on to Edgware Rd and found I was behind a $car, it turned right into Burwood Place and my steering developed a fault which meant I could only turn right, they don't make Fords like they used to.
There was a van unloading further up on the left and the $car driver slowed to a stop in the middle of the road, I don't know if he was using ANPR on the Van or if CEO passenger was raising a ticket. But I was incensed that the cnut had just stopped in the middle of the road and expected me to drive around him.
I put my hand on the horn and kept it there untill the cnut moved to the left which he should have done in the first place. I moved of and indicated to the driver of the Van that he had a parasite behind him. I turned around at the end of the road as this was not the way to Peckham and the van and the $car had gone.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 21 March, 2011, 10:26:31 PM »
I had a bit of time off this afternoon and found myself near Green Park. Knowing I had my $chunting kit with me, it seemed rude not to take a walk up to Savile Row. :-ev-: Imagine my disappointment when at about 14.30, there was no sign of a $car at this most favoured honey pot. In fact, I took it a bit personally, so decided to hang around and wait for the little bastard, so I looped across to Moor St, via Soho, headed down to St. Martin's Lane before heading back to Savile Row. I reckon I spent about 3 hours in this way, moving between honeypots (on foot) all to no avail. :bashy: In fact, I didn't see one $camera vehicle during my perambulations - not even driving around or doing ANPR! Where are they all?! They certainly didn't seem to be in the West End this afternoon.
Works looking a bit quiet this week, so I'll continue with my spot checks whenever I can :-ev-:
Wastemonster - we're watching you!
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 21 March, 2011, 11:01:02 PM »
Quote from: "Boyo"
I had a bit of time off this afternoon and found myself near Green Park. Knowing I had my $chunting kit with me, it seemed rude not to take a walk up to Savile Row. :-ev-: Imagine my disappointment when at about 14.30, there was no sign of a $car at this most favoured honey pot. In fact, I took it a bit personally, so decided to hang around and wait for the little bastard, so I looped across to Moor St, via Soho, headed down to St. Martin's Lane before heading back to Savile Row. I reckon I spent about 3 hours in this way, moving between honeypots (on foot) all to no avail. :bashy: In fact, I didn't see one $camera vehicle during my perambulations - not even driving around or doing ANPR! Where are they all?! They certainly didn't seem to be in the West End this afternoon.
Works looking a bit quiet this week, so I'll continue with my spot checks whenever I can :-ev-:
Wastemonster - we're watching you!

Well done Boyo

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 21 March, 2011, 11:19:07 PM »
I had a small schunt with Coco Saturday afternoon until aroun1.45 to 5.00 approx, stayed at Saville Row for most of that time, we assisted and only 1 car turned right, because her car didnt have a glass roof to see the 1 and only sign to go left!!!! :D

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 22 March, 2011, 10:48:44 PM »
So annoyed about not finding a car yesterday, I thought I'd have another try again today. Same MO as yesterday, I got to Savile Row about 14.30 - nada. Hung around until about 15.00 (you never want to go just in case they turn up when you've gone! dr00L ) then went on a wander across Soho to St.Martin's Lane before returning to Savile Row by 16.00 - not a sausage. I'd worked up a bit of a thirst and being "sans moto", I thought I'd reward my endeavours with a quick sharpener in The Windmill on Mill Street. Having quoffed a fine pint of Bath Ales' Gem Bitter, I was suitably fortified to continue my patrol. 16.40 and still nothing at Savile Row, I waited until just shy of 17.00 - all to no avail. Very cheesed off now, so in a fit of pique decided that I'd walk up to the pigpen to see if the bloody cars still existed. I didn't take the most direct route (mainly due to trying to find a suitable place for an enforced "comfort stop" - shouldn't have had that pint) and didn't see a single $cam vehicle until I was 5mins from O Street on Lisson Grove. By now it was 17.40ish and two ANPR iQ's passed me southbound (virtually one after the other) heading towards Marylebone Road. They both had CEO's on board so I summise that they were on ANPR parking duty? I wonder is there a shift that starts at 17.30 for this, judging by the time?
Got to the pigpen and 3 $cars were on the ramp and 1 van was parked on O Street. I have no idea if any others were hiding "underground" at the car park. Hung around for a while but mindful of a meeting I had in Paddington at 18.30, thought I'd head off in that direction. At about 18.00, I found the other van in Boscobel Street, 2mins round the corner from the pigpen. The passenger was on board but it was obviously parked and the camera was pointing at nothing in particular. Shortly afterwards, the driver appeared from the shops and they headed off in the direction of O Street. About 18.10 I finally saw my last $car, an iQ heading north up Edgeware Road in the direction of the pigpen. Unfortunately I didn't see whether it was ANPR or not, or who was on board.
So all in all, I saw 8 vehicles today - 4 stationary.
Dunno what they're doing with the rest?
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 22 March, 2011, 11:20:36 PM »
Well done Boyo, I think you will find they are not allowed in the under ground bit  in case they bend the camera mast if they leave it up a bit.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 24 March, 2011, 01:18:46 AM »
They must be hurting having all that expensive hardware sitting there. I wonder if their crews are flexible? Do WCC have to pay NSL and NSL have to pay the CEOs to hone their testicle juggling skills or catalogue their belly button fluff collections if they aren't out mugging or can they just call them off as needed?
However, this is no time to slack off and let them re-group. We need to keep the pressure on, find more scams to expose and step up recruitment. I have said it before and I'll make no apology for repeating my call to action. Here are a few ideas:
Where possible we should make sure everyone knows how to join us, so include the NoToMob name and web site in comments, flyers, Tweets, posts on other forums/signature block with a call to action, e.g. Join us now! Don't just grumble, do something! Don't get mad, get even! Fight back!
Use social media, e.g. Facebook, My Space, to spread the word and get views for our videos.
YouTube: Like, Comment and Share our videos. Tweet them. Use the option to share using email lists (you can cut'n'paste lists). Respond to very popular relevant videos with ours. Use links to YouTube vids in posts on other forums and article comments.
Make use of any email lists you can beg, borrow or steal.
Contact fleet owners and businesses who operate in Westminster with a vested interest. We can get a lot more allies like the cabbies.
Rack your brains for any friends or friends of friends who are useful media contacts.
We have some good successes under our belt. If we can show the public that they can make a difference, the worm might just turn. What has stopped everyone before is "But what can I do?". Well, we can all give them personal examples of what just one person can do and together we have had undreamed of results. It's time for governments to be afraid of their people. Public resentment is riding high. Light blue touch paper and retire...
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #11 on: 24 March, 2011, 10:43:20 PM »
Did my usual Savile Row "constitutional" today (it's ok - it's all under control and I can stop whenever I want :schucks: ). Was in the area from about 14.30 -18.30. Interestingly saw 3 $cars today. Two virtually came together one after the other, drove past and didn't return, altho' one turned around in Savile Row and went back the way it had come - these were both ANPR iQs by the way. This must have been approx. 16.00ish. Then later on (17.30-ish) a non-ANPR iQ turned up and parked in the favoured honey-pot position. "Lovely job", I thought and was just about to deploy my sign and (New! :dancing: ) vest, when I noticed the camera was facing the wrong way - in fact it was pointing at the wall of an opposite building?! W:T:F: After about 10mins the car drove off.
I have no idea why - maybe problems with the camera motor like has happened before? Or maybe they were wise to me being there, as a long haired hippy type with a white carrier bag may have been picked up on Wastemonster CCTV, the same one that's been loitering with intent in the area for the last 4 days? (like I say it's not a problem and I can stop whenever I like).
It's all a bit strange - I wonder are they just driving them around to prove that they're still in circulation as a kind of publicity exercise?
Anyway, if I'm not busy tomorrow I might wend me way back towards Savile Row - I've not been able to wear my new vest yet, so fingers crossed for Friday!

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #12 on: 24 March, 2011, 11:03:03 PM »
You can stop whenever you like!!!....... Yeah right and I'm a babe magnet . :pmsl:

Offline HeadlongCabbie

• Follower
« Reply #13 on: 24 March, 2011, 11:35:16 PM »
Has anyone contacted any of the LBC presenters.  They love a London story, and since there will be two sides of the debate and everyone will have an opinion on CCTV anc CCTV enforcement, they will get lots of calls which is how they improve their listening figures.

Try James Whale or Nick Ferrari at first since they have the drive-time slots.

Eddie Nestor on Radio London might also get interested.

A press release with contact details would hopefully get the debate started with a researcher getting in contact.

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #14 on: 25 March, 2011, 11:22:27 PM »
Just for old time's sake had a little trip to Savile Row this lunchtime and bingo, about 13.00 a $car pulls up - assisted for about 30mins before he cried off - definitely saved 3 cars from £120 fines, but 1 Prius owner was determined to turn right :bashy: :bashy: , so that was a bit galling. Probably far fetched I know, but I'd like to think it gives us a bit of a psychological edge and hopefully confounds them in some way, in that as soon as they turn up there, someone magically appears to counter them in their nefarious ways! :-ev-:

I hung around for a while, to see if said $car sloped back, but he didn't and I had to get going by 14.00 for a meeting (and my next medication. Nurse!)

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player