Author Topic: Connell Crescent $chunts - Friday 4th September 2015 and Monday 7th September  (Read 3984 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Me and Mr Mustard decided to do our civic duty last Friday, and after a visit to a potential honeypot in Hounslow that someone contacted the NoToMob about (it wasn't one by the way) we went to warn the newly returned from hols, school run mums and dads against performing what was a perfectly legal manoeuvre when the kids were last at school.

In fact, a cynic might suggest that the council had specifically begun enforcement at the beginning of the school holidays so that school run mums and dads would be excluded from receiving any of the warning notices given out in the first two weeks of enforcement.

Talking about warning notices, we have been informed that in the two weeks that they were handed out approximately 300 were sent. We have encountered some drivers who received the warning notices, all of whom said that they received them AFTER the warning period, as a result of which they had received PCNs because they had continued to use the road until they received the warning. That cynic I mentioned earlier might have something to say about that too, along with noting that at a minimum we have turned away at least 100 drivers per day on each of our $chunts ($camera hunts).

Mr M and I managed to divert a number of school run mums and dads away, along with the normal number of drivers who either did not see the signs and/or simply did not understand the meaning of the flying motorbike signs (no entry for motor vehicles). This last is extremely worrying given the large number of blank looks we got when we asked the driver if they knew what the signs mean.

I also managed to speak to some newly returned staff from a local school, and they were shocked when they realised what had been done while they were away. They said they would spread the word in school, but since I knew this may take some time and there would be other school run mums and dads returning the following Monday, I took it on myself to attempt a lone $chunt on that day.

I thought I might struggle to get the message across to a sufficient number of drivers, and that I would miss quite a few, but apart from about 5 who slipped through the net (some of whom were local residents who insisted on driving through, claiming they have an exemption, which of course they don't), I did pretty well.

This is because I developed a technique which seemed to work extremely well. I estimate that in the 4 hours I was there I saved over 150 people from getting fined, but it could well have been more given that my technique was to give drivers a preemptive warning of the signs while they queued in traffic, as a consequence of which they did not attempt to go along Connell Crescent as they may have intended.

I noticed that the A40 was busier than we had previously experienced, as was the slip road leading up to Connell Crescent. I can only put this down to the end of the school holidays when the vast majority of people have returned to work/the school run.

This coming Friday me and Mr M are on duty again at ConAll Crescent and prior to that we will be checking out another potential honeypot that has been bought to The Mob's attention via seen@notomob.co.uk.

If anyone cares to join us you will be more than welcome.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Nicely done gentlemen. The parking manager will be absolutely delighted  <Whistle> when he/she/it is made aware how many contraventions you have prevented.

:aplude:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Sterling work chaps - well done! Sadly I can't make Friday but have fun and keep up the good work  :aplude:<Woohooo>
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control me and Mr Mustard are not able to make it to ConAll Crescent this afternoon. :(

Please feel free to $chunt without us though.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU