Author Topic: Connell Crescent $chunt - Thursday 17 September 2015  (Read 3981 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Connell Crescent $chunt - Thursday 17 September 2015
« on: 20 September, 2015, 06:16:50 PM »
On a week when the weather varied between terrible and diabolical, 4 Mob members picked the only decent day to go $chunting at our new favourite hotspot at Connell Crescent, Ealing.

Me and Mr Mustard met up with Coco at the Ace Cafe and after a brief check of another nearby potential honeypot in Harlesden High Street (which turned out not to be one), and a very pleasant and reasonably priced (two bacon rolls, two sausage rolls, two fried egg rolls, two teas and a coffee came to just over ten quid) bit of lunch at the New Atlas Restaurant which is on the corner of St Albans Road and Craven Park Road, we proceeded to put in a full 4 hour shift at ConAll Crescent, starting at 3pm.

Business was brisk throughout and we were joined later by Dan C, the chap who first brought the honeypot to our attention.

During the school summer holidays we had noticed fewer attempts to commit the offence on each successive visit, presumably because many people had already been stung. However, as reported previously (see: http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=5693.msg34219#msg34219), now that the kids are back at school there has been a new influx of fresh meat for the council to exploit.

In fact, we were told by several people that when there is no Mob presence the flow of transgressors is pretty much continuous. This is something that we can confirm since we managed to stop a definite 206 drivers from passing the signs, with a further unknown number picking up on what we were telling others while they queued to get out onto the A41.

What was especially pleasing were the number of shouts and toots we got from drivers who were queuing or driving along the A41. Some of them recognised us from Parking Mad, but I suspect a good number of them were giving us the thumbs up because we had saved them previously.

Weather permitting I will be making another visit one day later this week. If you want to join me please PM me with your contact details if I do not already have them.

Stay cool.  8)

BE 
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline BGB

• Follower
Re: Connell Crescent $chunt - Thursday 17 September 2015
« Reply #1 on: 20 September, 2015, 11:44:31 PM »

...we managed to stop a definite 206 drivers from passing the signs, with a further unknown number picking up on what we were telling others while they queued to get out onto the A41.

What was especially pleasing were the number of shouts and toots we got from drivers who were queuing or driving along the A41. Some of them recognised us from Parking Mad, but I suspect a good number of them were giving us the thumbs up because we had saved them previously.

If the drivers were using Connell Crescent to reach the A41, they were very lost!  The A41 is the Edgware Road the route to the M1 via Swiss Cottage! [edited]
« Last Edit: 21 September, 2015, 09:01:52 AM by BGB »

Offline scalyback

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 21 September, 2015, 05:55:01 AM »
I thought Edgware Road was the A5 ?

I don't get to London often anymore (YAY!) And I don't take my bike to Wastemonger, they can cluck off!

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 21 September, 2015, 09:59:01 AM »

...we managed to stop a definite 206 drivers from passing the signs, with a further unknown number picking up on what we were telling others while they queued to get out onto the A41.

If the drivers were using Connell Crescent to reach the A41, they were very lost!  The A41 is the Edgware Road the route to the M1 via Swiss Cottage! [edited]

I was going to point out that Connell Crescent is a 'short cut' between the A40 (Western Avenue) and the A406 (Hanger Lane) avoiding Hanger Lane Gyratory.

Well done to Messrs Eagle, Mustard & Co for their efforts and huge number of 'saves'. I'd love to join you, but I'm forbidden from doing so.

Might I suggest the Abbey Point Cafe for Breakfast? It's a bit cheaper than the Ace!
« Last Edit: 21 September, 2015, 10:36:12 AM by DastardlyDick »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #4 on: 22 September, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »

Yep. My bad. Should be A40. :schucks:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU