Author Topic: Newham Council FPN - Nice Earner For Them  (Read 7703 times)

Offline Bad Company

• Follower
Newham Council FPN - Nice Earner For Them
« on: 28 September, 2015, 09:37:54 PM »
I just got a FPN from Newham Council. I remember the day although Mrs BC was driving. There were lots of roadworks so we took a diversion and ended up here:-

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5498728,-0.00813...

It seems that once you cross into Temple Mill Lane you already facing No Entry signs for the roads left and right leaving no way out without making a U turn. The turn on the right is into a private car park which was closed anyway.  What makes this a trap IMO is that there is still a sign in Honour Lea Avenue directing traffic accross the junction into the trap.  The Newham camera car seems to be parked there every day (on double yellow lines and blocking a cycle lane)  narrowing the road making a U turn very difficult in the face of oncoming traffic.

There is already a thread on Pepipoo as others have been caught:-

http://www.pepipoo.com/forums/lofiversion/index.ph...

Can't really see a way out but bloody annoying that a road would run into no entry signs leaving no legal way out other than a U turn.

I did spend some time at the junction on Saturday and enjoyed stopping cars from going thru the No Entry sign and helping them make the U turn.  The camera car driver didn't seem happy.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: Newham Council FPN - Nice Earner For Them
« Reply #1 on: 29 September, 2015, 03:28:57 PM »
I presume this was attached to your vehicle? Does it actually say "Fixed Penalty Notice" on it? If so, it wasn't Newham Council that issued it - only the police can issue FPNs.

Offline Bad Company

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 29 September, 2015, 03:45:10 PM »
Sorry, my mistake it was a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).

It can be viewed here - http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/lawcon123/library/

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 30 September, 2015, 07:13:26 PM »
@Bad Company

Unfortunately, the Pepipoo link doesn't work for me.

Neither does the Googlemaps link but your description of the venue is sufficient for me to track it down. Definitely looks like a honeypot to me.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #4 on: 30 September, 2015, 10:08:20 PM »
Ah, got it. Click this link here. So the direction sign encourages you to go straight on through the lights for Leytonstone & Leyton (A112). Once you are through the lights, you are in the lobster pot. Not only no advance warning but conflicting direction signage. Sir Robbin' Bastard has form for this type of thing.

<busted>
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Mr Mustard

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 03 October, 2015, 05:54:03 PM »
Today myself, Bald Eagle & CoCo (all of the NoToMob) decided to meet up with Bad Company on site. BC was there on foot photographing the sign that told him to go straight on to Leyton and then c.100m after the traffic lights there are the two no entry signs which rather make a mockery of the green directional sign. The $camera car was parked up as per usual (not the sort with a periscope camera on top, this one is more subtle, a white car with a couple of camera stickers). BC saw the three of us turn the corner, all in hi-viz NoToMob jackets / vests and quick as a flash the $camera car was off, a quick u-turn and he was away with CoCo & Bald Eagle in hot pursuit all the way to the pound despite the best efforts of the $camera car driver to lose them (and then the chaps had to find their way back to site).

In the meantime I was very surprised to find that BC (& Mrs BC) and myself turned back at least a dozen cars in an hour who were all driving out of habit / following the sat nav through two obvious, if you are looking, no entry signs. The moral of the story is to look for new signs on every road. I think that the vast majority of no entry signs will be at junctions and these ones 100m down a road are less expected.

You'll probably see BC in his newly presented secondhand NoToMob hi-viz vest, educating other motorists in the week.

An Appeal to the tribunal is probably worth a punt. I'm going to run the Regulations ruler over the paperwork to try and find a technical error.

(also posted on Pepipoo)

Offline Bad Company

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 21 November, 2015, 07:10:31 PM »
Well not surprisingly London Borough of Newham rejected the appeal.  The letter said that if I signed into the 'Pay It' sections of their website I could view the photographs.  Guess what, there were no photographs.

Sent off today for the tribunal which should be heard late December.

By the way Mrs BC and I are back from our travels now and happy to work with you guys again in Newham or elsewhere.

Offline Bad Company

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 16 February, 2016, 08:11:34 PM »
So Mr Mustard and I attended the appeal yesterday and we were advised this morning that we had WON

Assuming the victory (although it had not been confirmed at the time) Mr Mustard, Bald Eagle and I spent a very enjoyable time celebrating the win in the nearest pub.

Just a small victory but as Mr Mustard reminded me 'A Win is a Win'.  :smiley-dance017:

Many thanks to the said Mr Mustard and Mr Bald Eagle.
« Last Edit: 17 February, 2016, 09:31:31 PM by Bad Company »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #8 on: 17 February, 2016, 01:32:47 PM »
Nice job BC.  :aplude:

It is rather a pleasure watching Mr. Mustard work, isn't it?

<Notworthy>       
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Bad Company

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 18 February, 2016, 08:37:53 AM »
Nice job BC.  :aplude:

It is rather a pleasure watching Mr. Mustard work, isn't it?

<Notworthy>       

Very much so, though he didn't look as sharp when he left the pub.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player