Author Topic: Motorist given £100 parking fine in Gloucester despite being in different county  (Read 1795 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Another extremely frustrating case that demonstrates the inadequacies of ANPR.

"It's outrageous that I have to do this when it was clearly their mistake,"

And yet you have to do it because it's entirely apparent that ANPR DOESN'T FECKIN' WORK! <bashy2> :bashy:

Cue Ewan's pic of Patrick Trouserfire.

============================================

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/Motorist-Amantha-Squire-given-100-parking-fine/story-27899382-detail/story.html

Motorist Amantha Squire given £100 parking fine in Gloucester - despite being in a different county

A motorist has been left furious after receiving a £100 car park fine in Gloucester when she wasn't even in the county at the time.

Amantha Squire, who works in Gloucester, has visited the Tesco store in St Oswalds Road several times after finishing work to buy a few things for dinner, staying no more than 30 minutes at a time.

Last month she received a penalty notice from the car park operators at the store claiming she had flouted the parking rules by staying almost 11 hours longer than the three-hour maximum.

The letter included pictures of Ms Squire's vehicle entering the car park at 6.01pm on Monday, July 6 and leaving it at 8.04am the following morning – a date when she claims she wasn't even in the county.

"I was actually at a work course in Warwickshire that week – having left my home in Bristol on that Monday – so there was no way my car could have been at Tesco let alone for 14 hours," said Ms Squire.

"There's clearly a glitch with the system but it could have been very problematic for me with my partner asking me why I was parked overnight in Gloucester when I had told him I was at a work course in a different county.

"It's absolutely appalling that this kind of mistake could have happened."

Ms Squire has had to go back to get evidence from her work and the hotel where she stayed that week in order to appeal the fine.

"It's outrageous that I have to do this when it was clearly their mistake," she added.

A Tesco spokesman said: "We apologise for the inconvenience that Ms Squire has experienced and we are investigating the matter."

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
I'm not entirely sure which pic your were after so I'll put them both up and you can choose your favourite.

<Muahahaha>

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Both pictures are appropriate thanks.

And here's another one depicting Trouserfire after he told parliament that there were no ticket targets in parking contracts.

<Pinnochio>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player