Author Topic: Temple Mills Lane $chunt - 3rd October 2015  (Read 5226 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Temple Mills Lane $chunt - 3rd October 2015
« on: 04 October, 2015, 09:47:11 AM »
Mr Mustard's post has been moved to make it more obvious to search engines when potential victims enquire about the venue online.

Offline Mr Mustard

• Follower
Re: Temple Mills Lane $chunt - 3rd October 2015
« Reply #1 on: 04 October, 2015, 09:51:42 AM »
Today myself, Bald Eagle & CoCo (all of the NoToMob) decided to meet up with Bad Company on site. BC was there on foot photographing the sign that told him to go straight on to Leyton and then c.100m after the traffic lights there are the two no entry signs which rather make a mockery of the green directional sign. The $camera car was parked up as per usual (not the sort with a periscope camera on top, this one is more subtle, a white car with a couple of camera stickers). BC saw the three of us turn the corner, all in hi-viz NoToMob jackets / vests and quick as a flash the $camera car was off, a quick u-turn and he was away with CoCo & Bald Eagle in hot pursuit all the way to the pound despite the best efforts of the $camera car driver to lose them (and then the chaps had to find their way back to site).

In the meantime I was very surprised to find that BC (& Mrs BC) and myself turned back at least a dozen cars in an hour who were all driving out of habit / following the sat nav through two obvious, if you are looking, no entry signs. The moral of the story is to look for new signs on every road. I think that the vast majority of no entry signs will be at junctions and these ones 100m down a road are less expected.

You'll probably see BC in his newly presented secondhand NoToMob hi-viz vest, educating other motorists in the week.

An Appeal to the tribunal is probably worth a punt. I'm going to run the Regulations ruler over the paperwork to try and find a technical error.

(also posted on Pepipoo)

Offline Bad Company

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 04 October, 2015, 03:42:13 PM »
Mrs BC and I had a very enjoyable Saturday morning at this revenue site.  Nice to meet you guys and as Mr Mustard said I am now the very proud owner of a NoToMob hi-viz vest.  I will wear it with pride.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 05 October, 2015, 10:34:05 AM »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Bad Company

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 07 December, 2015, 12:24:02 PM »
I found myself with a spare hour or so in East London last Friday morning so went back to the Temple Mills Lane site.  They have finally covered up the direction sign sending traffic into the trap but it is still far from clear to drivers in my opinion.

Anyway joy of joys the Newham camera car was there and I spent a very pleasant time turning back grateful drivers.  One made a point of shaking my hand and asked when he could buy me a drink!  Of course once the camera man could see what was happening he left but he did give me a toot and a wave.

« Last Edit: 07 December, 2015, 07:41:30 PM by Bad Company »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 07 December, 2015, 01:53:47 PM »
I found myself with a spare hour or so in East London last Friday morning so went back to the Temple Mills Lane site.  They have finally covered up the direction sign sending traffic into the trap but it is still far from clear to drivers in my opinion.

Anyway joy of joys the Newham camera car was there and I spent a very pleasant time turning back grateful drivers.  One made a point of shaking my hand and asked when he could buy me a drink!  Of course once the camera man could see what was happening he left but he did give me a toot and a wave.

Nice one BC.  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

Just one small thing though. Last Friday was 4th December. You might want to check this thread's header bruv. ;)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline andywade84

• Civilian
« Reply #6 on: 04 May, 2016, 01:32:30 PM »
Hello, Guys - I know this is an old-ish topic, I'm wondering if any of you happen to know if the no entry signs on temple mills lane, are for both directions?

My father just got issued a PCN fo Failing to comply with a no-entry sign (5j) but the pictures show him coming towards the camera, not going away, and through the no-entry.

I cant find images from the other angle of this notorious junction, and I feel like this is a case of a faulty static camera.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 06 May, 2016, 06:10:22 PM »
Hello Andy and welcome.

Unfortunately for your dad there are indeed no entry signs at both ends of what is effectively a bus gate.

Check out this googlemaps street view from October 2015

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.550883,-0.0046619,3a,90y,242.97h,96.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sY7vUH_Sl3V67rlBd8Gop6g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

You may have to copy and paste the link into googlemaps because when I click on it it doesn't work.

Clanger alert!
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #8 on: 06 May, 2016, 06:35:40 PM »
Try this link! Photo taken whilst the bus gate was under construction.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #9 on: 06 May, 2016, 06:53:15 PM »
…….and this might be the effect BE was after. Speaking of Clangers, Google maps is now causing my safari to crash every time.

<Computersmash>
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #10 on: 07 May, 2016, 09:55:51 AM »
Speaking of Clangers, Google maps is now causing my safari to crash every time.

<Computersmash>

I sometimes have the same problem on Firefox. I think it's something to do with the adblocker I'm running.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player