Author Topic: Possible new honeypot  (Read 4438 times)

Offline Virgil

• Follower
Possible new honeypot
« on: 20 October, 2015, 04:54:10 PM »
I'm not sure if this is Tower Hamlets exactly (apologies if I have impugned some other borough) but a couple of mornings ago I spotted a car with pole extended that was facing east on Tredegar Road E3, seemingly watching the right turn (for westbound traffic) onto Parnell Road.
For the life of me I could not work out (although I didn't have time to stop and look in detail) at what they might be observing although there is a "turn right bay" and as there is a pedestrian crossing about 10 yards into Parnell Road it may be that congestion is caused and they're after people obstructing the westbound lane whilst trying to turn across it.
I've only seen this the one time but thought it may be of interest.

Offline BGB

• Follower
Re: Possible new honeypot
« Reply #1 on: 20 October, 2015, 05:20:21 PM »
I'm not aware of any moving traffic offence being possible there.

I'll take a look.

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 23 October, 2015, 07:43:54 PM »
It could be entirely innocent and they were investigating the illegal height of the ramps in the road there (have been > 100mm for at least 10 years) but somehow I doubt that very much.

Possibly they were pinging a vehicle parked on one of the many zig-zags for the multiple pedestrian crossings.
Willing to do my bit...

Offline Virgil

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 02 November, 2015, 04:08:22 PM »
I've been absent for a couple of weeks but returned and he was there this morning (around 07:45), parked on the other side of Tredegar Road, camera lowered but pointing at the same spot as before.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #4 on: 02 November, 2015, 06:08:18 PM »
It could be they are monitoring the junction to see whether a no right turn there would ease congestion? <_>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Virgil

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 04 November, 2015, 10:48:07 AM »
Mystery solved. There's a weight restriction nearby "except for access" (presumably you have to appeal to prove this, as you can't show your delivery instructions to the hidden camera) and they're apparently monitoring violations of that.